Botox for TMJ

I have had tmj that was causing tension headaches that became migraines. I had botox done 150 units in forhead, temples, jaw , neck and top of shoulders. Its been 3 months and though I didnt get a migraine my jaw is much worse. I went from a mouth opening of 37 to 28 now and now have problems chewing anything harder or chewy like bread without worse tmj pain,. Necks also worse Is this normal will it ever go away. Why would it cause my opening to get smaller? Is it not supposed to cause less pain.

Botox and TMJ

+1

It is very difficult to answer this question without seeing you for a full assessment. I would highly recommend following up with the provider to discuss your current situation to determine the next course of action.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.