Affordable Plastic Surgeon in NYC for Torn Earlobe?

My daughter's earlobe was split due to an earring being snatched out of her ear. This happened about 2 years ago. I've prolonged searching for someone to repair it because, 1-she was about 13 when this happened and she's terrified of needles. 2- I have always been told that my insurance may not cover it and the procedure was expensive. She's about to turn 16 and wants nothing more than to have her ear repaired. I live in NYC and I am currently seeking someone that's affordable to repair it.

Earlobe reconstruction in a major city will not be appropriate for a major city.

+1

The ear lobe reconstruction will be anywhere from $500-$2500 or more depending how you go to and how the earlobe looks. It shouldn't really be more than a $1000, though. Below is a video to illustrate our answer better. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobe repair in NYC

+1
This is an office based procedure. My office would be glad to work with you to ascertain whether repair would be covered by insurance. If not, closure of a simple earlobe laceration is about $750 and I recommend that, should she wish to repierce the ear, it be done by the operating surgeon at a very small additional cost to insure that the new hole is not placed in the scar, which can result in a repeat laceration over time.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Torn earlobe

+1

A torn earlobe can sometimes be covered by insurance but often times it can not.  Contact a plastic surgeon in your are after you contact your insurance company to find out their criteria for coverage.  Good luck.

Ear Lobe Repair

+1

Regarding: "Affordable Plastic Surgeon in NYC for Torn Earlobe?
My daughter's earlobe was split due to an earring being snatched out of her ear. This happened about 2 years ago. I've prolonged searching for someone to repair it because, 1-she was about 13 when this happened and she's terrified of needles. 2- I have always been told that my insurance may not cover it and the procedure was expensive. She's about to turn 16 and wants nothing more than to have her ear repaired. I live in NYC and I am currently seeking someone that's affordable to repair it
."

Repairing torn ear lobes is not a sophisticated and demanding operation and the vast majority of Plastic surgeons should do a good job. Fees for doing the procedure will vary widely and you may want to get several quotes from surgeons you like before proceeding. Unfortunately, New York is an expensive town and the fees there are much higher than they would be in other locations.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Repair of Split Ear Lobe

+1

Repair of a torn ear lobe ranges in price due to the complexity of the case.  Simple tears car be repaired in less than an hour in the office under local anesthesia.  New trends in ear lobe "Gauging", cause the ear lobes to become markedly distorted and stretched.  Large complex cases like these usually require more operative time and more sophisticated reconstructive surgical correction.  Please visit my website to learn more.  Good Luck.... Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Split earlobe

+1

Repair split ear lobe can range from $ 750-1500

Find a competent surgeon rather than price. Repair of a botched job is more expensive