Pierced Ear Hole Removal - Lobe - Both Ears - Embarrassing

I'm 33, but had my ears pierced briefly when I was 18. The back of the holes closed, but the visible front holes have remained all of these years. One hole looks like a slight line now. The holes act like large pores. It sounds gross, but I routinely clean them with slight pressure, and they respond like a small white-head being popped. They don't appear inflamed...no bumps. I just wish to not have to answer "yes, I had my ears pierced". Plus, I personally don't like seeing the reminder.

Piercing holes

+2

In order to get rid of the white heads, your surgeon needs to excise the skin lined tract that exist deep into the earlobe tissue.

Repair of partially closed earlobe holes.

+1
This happens all the time. Holes can be uneven. Holes can stretch over time, or are stretched after trauma, (kids pulling on earrings).  It sounds like your holes partially closed.  We repair these holes often under local anesthesia in the office. Give your local facial plastic surgeon or board certified plastic surgeon a call.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Fixing an earlobe repair

+1

The best solution would be to surgically revise the piercing hole and remove any excess epithelialized tissue and resuture the earlobe. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Pierced ear hole removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Your description suggests simple squamous debris being expressed from the old piercing tract. Generally, there is no associated pain or redness. Your condition can be treated with a minor procedure in the office using only local anesthesia. The piercing would be exchanged for a small scar. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

Old piercing reminder can be treated

+1

You are not alone with the "old piercing" reminder.  I have treated patients who have had small piercings to extremely large (2-3 inch diameter) piercings.  Both types can cause ear lobe deformity.   The best way to treat this is remove the skin surrounding the original hole and to design theear lobe tissues to close with the least amount of deformity to the shape of the lobe.  This can be done under local anesthesia and can take 1hr.  Sutures can be removed in 1-2 weeks.   In 3-4 months, you can have a repiercing if you'd like.

Charles K. Lee, MD

Embarrassing earlobe pierces--what to do?

+1

Excision under local anesthesia will remove the source of the "pimple" sebum that collects in your old pierce sites, as well as eliminating the pierce--with only a minimal permanent scar visible: a good trade!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Repair Earlobe deformities

+1

The earlobe deformity that you describe maybe improved by excision of the depressed area and closure of the wound. A scar will still be present but likely to be less visible.

This earlobe reconstruction and repair of earlobe hole is an office procedure under local anesthesia

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Pierced ears reminder

+1

The front hole can be excised and will leave a small scar which may appear to be a nearly imperceptible line

Closing earring holes

+1

Unfortunately even when the earring holes are closed there will be a small scar or even a slight depression where they were pierced.

Pierced ears

+1

You look like   a torn ear lobe, very common.

even if the hole is not  completely torn through , the holes can be repaired. You will have a line of a scar.