Obagi Blue Peel Without Nuderm Prep. Will This Turn out Bad?

I am supposed to have an obaji blue peel under my eyes however I was never given nor told about the nuderm for preparationl. is it a bad idea to have the peel now and how odd will it look if i am not doing the rest of my face?

The Prep for an Obagi Blue Peel is Essential

+1

To get the best results from any chemical peel, especially a mid strength one such as an Obagi Blue Peel, the prep is an essential part of the peel. Prepping the skin will make the peel penetrate more evenly and more predictably, and should result in faster healing time. Using the Obagi NuDerm system with tretinoin cream for at least 4 to 6 weeks prior to the peel is optimal. At the very least you should be using tretinoin cream for one month before the peel. 

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi Blue Peel Preparation with or without Nu-Derm

+1

Hi rebb in Vero Beach, FL,

The Obagi Blue Peel is typically a TCA peel, which may result in a superficial or medium depth chemical peel. As with any skin resurfacing or chemical peel, preparation and post-treatment care is essential to maximize results and reduce risks. The Nu Derm system helps prepare the skin largely due to the tretinoin and skin lightening agents. Without skin preparation, your cosmetic results may not be as optimal or the recovery may not be as ideal.

Each cosmetic specialist has his/her own specific pre-treatment and post-trreatment care instructions. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a dermatologist or plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Speak with your chemical peel provider and express any concerns with them. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/results.cfm?Category=12

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon