Bad Vitilgo on my Face, Could the Obagi Peel Work for Me?

I am 35 yr old lady, and i was told i had vitiligo 2 yrs ago. It started just as a little white patch now it has spread and i have now panda eye look, it is very hard to cover with makeup, and i was hoping to have this obagi peel done to lighten the rest of the skin around it to even up my complexion

Be Careful with Vitiligo

+1

As you can see Vitiligo has an ever changing presentation. Its like trying to predict the future, we don't know in your case where it may regress, and where it may advance. Permanently lightening or darkening surrounding areas is a risky proposition. Seek a Dermatologist with a special interest in this area. Don't seek advice from people who know very little about Vitiligo.  A Blue Peel is not appropriate. Good Luck.

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Obagi Blue Peel for Vitiligo

+1

There are many other treatments for vitiligo that have a greater chance of success than an Obagi Blue Peel. Repigmenting the skin is always a better choice than lightening the normal surrounding skin unless all other treatments have failed. Best to consult with a dermatologist to explore your treatment options.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi Blue Peel and scarring

+1

The Obagi Blue Peel is not the best solution for vitiligo.  I would discuss your options with a dermatologist.  The Obagi Blue peel works well on hyperpigmented scars and lesions. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS