Does "Nose Up" Work?

I recently came across something called nose up. Its a silicone nose shaping lift grip that is supposed to lift the tip of the nose just a little. Tho I have a feeling, ima go ahead and ask anyway...could this work?

Only surgery will change the shape of your nose

This device may temporarily press your nasal tissue, but it will not create any long term durable difference in the shape of your nose. Rhinoplasty surgery is the best option if you would like to change your nose shape. 

Nose Up Is a Marketing Gimmick and Does Not Work

This type of device won’t change the appearance of your nose, because it won’t impact the under lying bone and cartilage. Gimmicks like this are a dime a dozen. They’re not intended to fix your nose, but instead to separate you from your money.

If you’re serious about changing the appearance of your nose consultation, with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon can explain the risk benefits alternatives and possible complications associated with rhinoplasty surgery. 

"Nose up" device.

I have never seen this and I doubt that it  will work since the anatomy of the nose is not changed. To make the tip go up you need a tip plasty which is a 30 minute, under local anesthesia office procedure.

Does this work?

No, it does not work. In newborn babies, it is possible to shape cartilage with splints and external devices; in adults, it is not.

Bryan Correa, MD

Nose appliance

This type of appliance will not make any permanent changes to the nose.  It may provide brief changes similar to the lines on the side of your face from the creases in your pillow when you wake up in the morning.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose up

I seriously doubt this  will do anything worthwhile at all,  but there are always people looking to make a quick buck off people who want a non surgical treatment.  This us the first I've heard of this.  Go ahead a try it if you like and give Realself a follow up if it works.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

"Nose up" or Rhinoplasty

This device would most likely not work. The primary reason is that the underlying cartilage and bony frame work of the nose is not altered.

Consider consultation with a good rhinplasty surgeon and have it corrected permanently.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

"Nose-Up" Rhinoplasty

You do not have to be a rhinoplasty surgeon to know this will not work. Have a short surgical procedure, enjoy your new nose, and get on with your life.

"nose up" devise

The lating term is caveat emptor or buyer beware!  That probaly falls in line with the breast and male genital  enhancement pills.  A rhinoplasty will lift the tip.

Does 'Nose-up' work?

In all areas of life it pays to keep the following in mind:

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

External splinting can reshape cartilage for a very short period after birth, when it has been used to reshape ears.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon