Does "Nose Up" Work?

I recently came across something called nose up. Its a silicone nose shaping lift grip that is supposed to lift the tip of the nose just a little. Tho I have a feeling, ima go ahead and ask anyway...could this work?

"Nose up" device.

+2

I have never seen this and I doubt that it  will work since the anatomy of the nose is not changed. To make the tip go up you need a tip plasty which is a 30 minute, under local anesthesia office procedure.

Nose Up Is a Marketing Gimmick and Does Not Work

+1

This type of device won’t change the appearance of your nose, because it won’t impact the under lying bone and cartilage. Gimmicks like this are a dime a dozen. They’re not intended to fix your nose, but instead to separate you from your money.

If you’re serious about changing the appearance of your nose consultation, with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon can explain the risk benefits alternatives and possible complications associated with rhinoplasty surgery. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

"Nose up" or Rhinoplasty

+1

This device would most likely not work. The primary reason is that the underlying cartilage and bony frame work of the nose is not altered.

Consider consultation with a good rhinplasty surgeon and have it corrected permanently.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

"Nose-Up" Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not have to be a rhinoplasty surgeon to know this will not work. Have a short surgical procedure, enjoy your new nose, and get on with your life.

"nose up" devise

+1

The lating term is caveat emptor or buyer beware!  That probaly falls in line with the breast and male genital  enhancement pills.  A rhinoplasty will lift the tip.

Does 'Nose-up' work?

+1

In all areas of life it pays to keep the following in mind:

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

External splinting can reshape cartilage for a very short period after birth, when it has been used to reshape ears.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Will "Nose Up" device work to rotate the tip?

+1

No this device will not work to effect a permanent change in your tip. Like I like to tell my patients, nasal cartilage is a lot like Rubbermaid products. They both have strong memory and tend to return to their initial shape.

Of course, there are ways to effect nasal tip lift, or rotation, with a rhinoplasty. Visiting with a rhinoplasty specialist would allow for a more in depth discussion of your options.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Will Nose up work?

+1

The cartilage of the tip of your nose has a strong elastic memory and will likely not be changed by this external appliance.  Don't waste your money.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Thumbs Down to "Nose Up"

+1

Regarding: "Does "Nose Up" Work?
I recently came across something called nose up. Its a silicone nose shaping lift grip that is supposed to lift the tip of the nose just a little. Tho I have a feeling, ima go ahead and ask anyway...could this work
?"

You ALREADY knew the answer. Of course it stops working the moment you pull it out of your nose. The only thing such "inventions" lift is the income of those selling them.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Nose Up

+1

No, this device will not work.  Consider consultation with a plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon