Rotate Tip Under Local Anesthesia?

Is it possible to rotate nose tip upwards slightly under local anaesthesia? That is, without doing it as an actual rhinoplasty surgery in the surgery room but more like a dentist visit?

Limited Rhinoplasty Under Local Anesthesia

In most cases, limited tip work, as you are describing, can be performed under local anesthesia sometimes with an oral sedative. To best determine what you would need, it would be advisable to have an evaluation either in person or by email sending in of photos.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

6280 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33143

Tip rhinoplasty

I would not do a tip procedure under straight local.  It is nothing  like getting a cavity filled.  Trust your surgeon and do it under sedation or general.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Nasal tip rotation done under local anesthesia.

Nasal tip rotation done under local anesthesia is frequently done. This is much like going to the dentist and takes less than 30 minutes. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

In my practice, Tip-Plasty (Rhinoplasty Surgery) would be performed under general anesthetic.

In order to obtain tip rotation, your tip cartilages will need to be exposed and reconstructed. Since your nose is part of your airway, I prefer to perform nearly all Rhinoplasty Surgeries with general anesthetic.

A non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure using fillers may be performed with topical anesthetic in the office, but non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures are not helpful for achieving tip rotation.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

1500 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052

Nasal Tip Rotation under Local Anesthesia

Nasal tip rotation can be done under local anesthesia, but I would not say it is like going to the dentist. The procedure should be performed in a sterile operating room environment.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty is about balance

Sometimes all someone needs is a little nasal tip rotation. This can be achieved under local anesthesia. However, more often the nose is in balance before and needs to be symmetric after. A drooping nasal tip is often accompanied by other findings such as a small hump or a widened tip. Rotating the tip alone will create imbalance. To get the best advice you should seek out a specialist in rhinoplasty. They can discuss the merits of a minor vs complete nasal surgery. I find imaging is very helpful to demonstrate these concepts.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065