My Nose Has an Odor Like A Bad Smell Inside, I Had Rhino 3weeks Ago

I had surgery 3weeks ago and I have a bad smell/odor from the left nostril.is it Normal?? Ugh I almost spanked my dog for bobo'ing in the house but then I realised its my nose,it has that nasty fishy spoiled meat smell.any idea?this whole surgery is driving my Crazy

Rhinoplasty

+4

Without examining you this cannot be answered with certainty.  It is best to have your surgeon examine you.  It is possible that it is just crusting which can be treated with nasal saline spray.  It is also possible to be having a healing problem or an infection.  After your surgeon examines you s/he can advise you  as to what is going on and how to treat it.  Also, please do not blame your dog.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad odor in the nose after rhinoplasty

+2

You should see your surgeon to make sure there is no packing left in the nose. Other times, dry mucous can cause blockage and stagnation of secretions causing a bad smell. Either way, a nasal cleaning by your surgeon  should get rid of the problem.

Bad odor from your nose 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty

+1
 There are multiple scenarios that could be present, so you need to be examined by your original surgeon to make sure there is not a sinus infection or a retained packing on the inside of the nose. Saline irrigations can help or antibiotics for sinus infection.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Chronic odor after rhinoplasty

+1

As the others have mentioned, a chronic foul smell like you describe should be assessed to make sure there isn't an infection going on. Exposed cartilage, retained packing, or extensive crusting can also cause the symptoms, but an exam is in order to see what's going on.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Nasal Odor 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

The odor may be caused by a nasal or sinus infection, retained mucous or secretions because you're not clearing your nose, or residual nasal packing that was not completely removed after surgery. See your surgeon for evaluation ASAP.

You should see your surgeon as soon as possible for the bad odor in your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern. Since the foul aroma is only on one side, you could have an infection or retained nasal packing in your nose that may need to be addressed as soon as possible. An undiagnosed, indwelling nasal foreign body may lead to severe infection or possibly "toxic shock syndrome".

Your diagnosis could be confirmed with a fireroptic nasal endoscopy. If your surgeon is unable to perform nasal endoscopy, you should consult a reputable, certified ENT for evaluation.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad odor after Rhinoplasty not a good sign

+1

The bad odor inside your nose after a Rhinoplasty is an infected clot or dying tissue, if your had turbinate resection.  IMHO, you should be placed ASAP on intra nasal saline washes several times a day, a couple week course of antibiotics and have a thorough nasal exam to remove any residual blood clots, infected mucous or to identify the cause of the odor and infection.  You should see your surgeon ASAP.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Bad nasal odor after rhinoplasty.

+1

See your surgeon to make sure you do not have any packing left in your nose. Rarely, a patient may have this after nasal surgery within the first few weeks.

Bad Smell Inside nose - Had Rhino 3weeks Ago

+1

You need to be seen by your surgeon to make sure you do not have dead flesh, a left over packing or an over resected turbinate (look up Empty Nose Syndrome) with ozeana (smelly odor in nose related to bacterial overgrowth).

Dr. Peter A Aldea 

This is normal but confirm with Dr there is not an infection

+1

This is normal but you should check with your doctor to make sure there are no infections or foreign objects (packing) left behind. Irritations with saline usually helps.  If you would like a second opinion, feel free to call my office to schedule a consultation.  - Dr Azizzadeh

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info