My Nose Looks Very Long 9 Days After the Nose Job.

I had an open rhinoplasty 9 days ago. I love how my nose looks from the front, but from the side it looks very long and pointy. The tip of my nose is very hard. The tip of my nose looks very long and pointy. Is it because the tip of swollen? Is the tip will ever come down and will make my nose look shorter. If not is it hard to fix it.

Long Nose 9 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+2

Everything you describe is normal. The tip is hard and swollen 9 days after surgery. Wait 6-9 months before evaluating your result.  If your nose is long at that time, it is relatively easy to shorten it. Patience is necessary.i

Pointy Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty is one of the more difficult surgeries to perform.  Part of the reason for this is the need to shape the nose so that the final appearance is acceptable.  This means that certain problems must initially be overcorrected in anticipation of changes associated with healing.  Normally, the tip of the nose will settle in during the post-op period.  To account for this, the projection of the nose is initially placed further out, giving a pointy appearance to the tip.  As you heal, this will be pulled back in.  Try and be patient and allow your body to heal but it is best to address this concern with your surgeon at your next visit.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes in the nose following rhinoplasty

+1

Hello and thanks for the question. At nine days following rhinoplasty, it is very early in the healing process. At this point the entire nose is swollen which causes the nose to appear larger than it will be in the upcoming days to weeks. Additionally, swelling in the columella (between the nostrils) and even the upper lip can cause the nose to appear more rotated (upturned) than it will as the swelling subsides. I advise patients to wait 10-12 days before returning to work or social activities if they want to "get away with" having undergone nasal surgery.

Depending on the techniques used during your surgery, I would expect the nose to drop to some extent and appear smaller all around. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and wait several months to a year to fully assess your outcome. There are certainly revision rhinoplasty maneuvers which your surgeon can utilize to address your concerns, if they persist at that time. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long Nose Following Rhinoplasty

+1

9 days is still soon after your surgery, and the presence of swelling is affecting the appearance of your nose. The final result of your rhinoplasty may not be evident until 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder of the swelling goes down over time. Please discuss any concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. Thank you for the question, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Pointy nose

+1

These are very normal findings. Open rhinoplasty typically results in more tip swelling and firmness initially. Also stronger "structural" techniques are used which can cause a sense of firmness as well. These changes resolve over the healing process. You'll see a big difference in another 2-3 weeks and then slower more gradual changes over the next 9-12 months.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose pointy and long after open rhinoplasty.

+1

The nasal tip can be hard 9 days after an Open Rhinoplasty due to post operative swelling.  This will resolve slowly over the next several months and should be mostly gone by 6 months.  The length (tip rotation) of the nose however may or may not change.  Since there's no picture, I can councel you on this but do suggest that you ask your surgeon during your next postop Rhinoplasty visit.  You are very early in the postop healing phase so don't freak out just yet...give yourself time to heal.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty results take ! year.

+1

Be patient and it will improve. If it is too long after 1 year your surgeon can lift it a little more under local anesthesia.

Give it time

+1

It is too early to judge the results of rhinoplasty. I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Your nose is still swollen and swelling is usually more and takes longer to resolve after open rhinoplasty.

Pointy long nose after surgery

+1

It is very common for the tip to be stiff and over-projected (pointy) in the few weeks after surgery - it will typically relax considerably over time

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Long Nose Immediately After Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Kako,

Sad patients are often asked, "Why the long face?", guess in your case it is, "Why the long nose?"  It is too soon after your surgery to make any remarks about your nose on this forum.  Discuss your questions and concerns with you rhinoplasty surgeon...and keep your chin up.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P