Does Getting a Nose Job, Drastically Change Your Face?

If you get a nose job can it drastically change your face? Would it just enhance features? Would your lips look fuller or eyes look bigger? I know this may be a shallow question, but can someone go from a 7 to a 9 or 10 (on level attractivnes) after a nose job?

How much of a facial change can be expected after rhinoplasty

+3

A well-done rhinoplasty usually provides a nice enhancement to the facial features by restoring/ enhancing facial balance.  The changes are usually not drastic (although this partly depends on the degree of nasal imballance/ deformity preoperatively) but noticeable, and if the nose is the only part of the face causing some disharmony, then rhinoplasty can bring someone from a 7 to a 9/10.

Rhinoplasty??

+2

Repeated sceintific studies have shown that when you look at someone you first look at their eyes then, you track to their nose and mouth. Anything attractive in these primary areas of focus can create a favorable impression. 

Yes, several stars have had cosmetic surgery on the faces which has moved them in to a more appealing position such as Marilyn Monroe- Nose & Chin, Julia Roberts- Nose & Chin, etc. Make sure your surgeon knows your intentions.

May I suggest you first write down what you realy like about your face then, in a second columb write down the three things youy would like to change. For example: My foward is attractive like Godlie Hawn. My eyes are wide set like Michelle Pfeiffer. These are my best features but, I belive I have Barabra Streisands nose. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Degree of change or improvement with nose job

+1

A nose job tends to give better facial balance, so when a rhinoplasty is performed correctly, the results looks quite natural.  A natural-looking nose blends as a part of the facial features, rather than a prominent feature on the patient’s face.  The balance makes any self-conscious awareness of a deformity diminish and self-confidence improves.  Degree of change to establish this balance varies with each patient.

Drastic changes after a nose job?

+1

The answer to your question,  it depends. Someone who is looking to either dramatically augment their nose or reduce their nose can potentially have a dramatic change. Meaning an individual who has either a extremely large dorsum or an individual who has a extremely saddled bridge a rhinoplasty.  Although these changes can be significant the goal for any rhinoplasty surgery is to achieve harmony with the other facial structures and a natural result.

Edward S. Kwak, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This is an excellent question and one that may confuse many patients.  Aesthetically speaking a Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the appearance of the nose making it less noticable.  The aesthetics of facial beauty, as outlined in my book "What's Your Number...The Palmer Code" state that the cheeks, eye area and lips are the most important features in creating beauty, not the nose.  When the nose has some attribute that draws attention to itself, this happens at the expense of taking attention away from these top facial features.  Once the nose is more aesthetically shaped, these facial features become more noticable but they themselves are obviously not changed as no surgery was done upon them.  Hope this helps.  

Rhinoplasty changing face

+1

I suggest you look at multiple before and after pictures.  Make sure the picture depicts a rhinoplasty ONLY.  In general, a rhinoplasty adds subtle aeshtetic enhancement to the face.  Occaisionally a dramatic change is required which can result in dramatic improvement in facial beauty. 

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Even a subtle nose job makes the face much more attractive.

+1

Hi.

If you look at before and after pictures, you will see what I am talking about.  I am not sure what your concern is, but using a number rating is not a bad idea.  After all, the point of having cosmetic surgery is to be better looking.  And the number should definitely go up with a well done nose job.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The nose is in the center of your face, if it's too large it can distract. If it fits, if it fits the rest is better appreciated

+1

There are a number of reasons why people look better after rhinoplasty. Of course a smaller nose fits better but it also distracts less and others see the rest of your face. A professor of mine used to say "the sign of a good nosejob is in the eyes."

There are also often changes in people's self reliance after getting nasal surgery. This boost in self confidence often out-strips the surgical changes.

A rhinoplasty specialist can discuss and often demonstrate changes on a computer imager to view potential changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Nose job change face?

+1

What you need to understand is that each and every patient is special in what their needs are and what the possibilities are. The most important thing in this process that you need to make sure you do is to find a board certified surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty surgery and have a discussion about your goals. None of us can tell you how it will change your overall beauty. I have patients that a Rhinoplasty makes unbelievable difference in as far as overall looks and others that have subtle change that does not alter them much. Not to be corny, but beauty is within the eye of the beholder. It is so true for you because none of us know how it will change you. I can tell you that when I had my Rhinoplasty when I was 22 it changed the way that I carried myself tremendously. I can not tell you if it made me better looking, but I did it for myself and am very happy with the way it looks. If carrying yourself with better confidence can make you look better, which I think it can, then I am sure if you pick the right surgeon to give you the right nose, it will change you in some way forever. See as many surgeons as it takes until you find the one who makes you feel confident in them and that has shown you great results. The key to all of this is that you and your future surgeon be on the exact same page with what you are trying to do. You should also know that at times certain patients who I see for Rhinoplasty surgery also need to have their chin altered and that can really change the way you look for the better. So make sure your surgeon assesses the position of your chin as well to make sure it sits in an aesthetic position to complement your face and your future new nose.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Does getting a nose job drastically change your face?

+1

Hello, having a rhinoplasty can provide drastic changes if that's what you're hoping to achieve. It can also provide slight changes. Depending on how much your nose is changed will determine how the rest of your features will look post operatively. I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. When the surgeon does photo imaging you will get a good idea of your end results. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD