I Have a Broken Nose, How Much Will It Cost? (photo)

I broke my nose when i was very young. I got it consulted with a plastic surgeon in NJ, but he estimated the cost to around 12,000. That seemed VERY high. I believe he told me i needed a deviated septum corrected and that my nose needed to be cosmetically fixed. I agree I just assumed it would be around 6,000-7,000 dollars. How much would you estimate for my nose to be fixed both for the deviated septum and for it to be physically corrected? Also, can it be fixed non-surgically?

Hi There,

Here are a couple links that may help you. Please check out our Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty topic pages as well.

Rhinoplasty cost: http://www.realself.com/rhinoplasty/cost
Septoplasty cost: http://www.realself.com/septoplasty/cost&

Price for deviated septum correction

+1
Pricing varies depending on the surgeon and city where they are. It can also depend on the type of rhinoplasty you want and the extent of correction required. In Toronto, Ontario, it ranges from $8000-$10000. Your insurance provider may cover some of the cost. There is no nonsurgical option.

Broken nose and cost to repair

+1

The cost for a rhinoplasty in our office is around $7,000 and includes the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee.  A deviated septum causing breathing issues is a medically related issue and is billed to the patient’s insurance.  The procedures can both be done at the same time, however, the patient is responsible for the cosmetic portion of the surgery and the medically related portion is submitted to the patient’s insurance.  This would be impossible to fix nonsurgically.

Best Treatment and Cost for Repair of Fractured Nose and Deviated Nasal Septum

+1

Hi Angie20,

The cost of repairing a crooked nose and deviated nasal septum caused by a nasal fracture varies anywhere from $6000 to as high as $20,0000.  It depends on the surgeon, geographic location, operating room fees, and anesthesia fees.    Unfortunately it cannot be repaired non-surgically.  Though cost should not be the determining factor in choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon, you should be able to find a competent rhinoplasty surgeon to fix your nose for less than $12,000.  It is veery important to make sure that youi choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully, it's your nose for the rest of your life.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Cost of Fixing a Nasal Fracture

+1

Hi,

I assume that you dont have insurance. The cost without insurance ranges from 6000 to 8500 or more in some cases. It just depends on the complexity of the case and the whether the surgeon can do the surgery in his.her OR suite or in the hospital.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty cost for the broken nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty cost for the broken nose varies with the skill of the surgeon and the time and difficulty of the work. Your cost for this should be about $7500-$10,000 from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. You can shop price but if you go to our website you will see many examples of noses done by other surgeons where the patient shopped price--not quality.

How Much Will It Cost?

+1

The cost of Rhinoplasty varies based on the difficulty of the nose as well as the experience and reputation of the Rhinoplasty Surgeon and his/her ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  The bottom line is that "you get what you pay for"

I have a broken nose, how much will it cost?

+1

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos and a surgical correction is needed. The cost of this procedure should range anywhere between 7,500.00 to 10,000.00 for the surgeons cost alone. There will also be a fee for the operating room and anesthesia. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

I Have a Broken Nose, How Much Will It Cost?

+1

The photos demonstrate a severe fracture of the nasal bones and septum. You need ONLY operative repair. Most health insurance companies cover this surgery. But if you have to pay out of pocket than a range from $6,000 to $10,000 should be anticipated. Good luck 

Cost of Septorhinoplasty

+1

As an out-of-pocket expense a complete septorhinoplasty would cost right as you anticipated, somewhere between $6500 to $7500. That encompassess all costs including operating room, anesthesiologist and surgeon's fee. There are no non-surgical treatment methods for the severity of your nasal deformity.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cost to Repair a Broken Nose

+1

The cost to repair a broken nose will vary based upon the surgical aim.  The most straightforward way to approach this problem is by realigning the bones and fixing the septum.  The out of pocket cost in Minnesota for this procedure is generally around $1500.  If you want to straighten the nose and improve the cosmetics, the out of pocket cost in Minnesota is around $5400.  

As for a non-surgical approach, I would not recommend it.  Although possible to camouflage some of the deformity, the severity of your deviation would make the nose look unacceptably wide. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon