Will It Be Obvious if a Patient Had a Rhinoplasty?

Do I have to tell my peers about my nose job? I am about to have a nose job. Do I have to tell peers I am going to get it? Will everyone notice?

Natural rhinoplasty results

+3

You should not need to share your personal medical history with anyone. A rhinoplasty should result in a natural, harmonious result that matches a person's face. Careful planning and communication between the doctor and patient is important in this regard.

Having said this, a natural result may still be dramatically different than how you look now. If this is the case for you, then your peers may or may not notice it on their own. The degree of change that you seek will determine this. Computer simulations may help you visualize what the changes you seek will look like.

Hope this helps.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are results from rhinoplasty noticeable

+3

Over aggressive surgery of any type, especially nasal surgery, is very noticeable. The sides pinch in, the skin fails, the tip droops, the top becomes depressed and shows irregularities, not to mention what happens with the breathing.

So not every rhinoplasty ends well. Every patient should research their surgeon carefully, see many before-after pictures, and have the feeling that they trust the decision making of their doctor.

Most patients who have had a fabulous result with their rhinoplasty only are complimented on their appearance overall. Did they lose weight? Is their hair different? Even patients with amazing before-after pictures should not be pegged as having had a rhinoplasty.

The best nosejobs are ones that make you look better but no one knows its your nose

+2

The best complement I get from patients is when they come back after surgery and tell me that they saw an old friend who said "you look great, what did you do? lose weight? have a makeover? new hairdo?" A well done nosejob should fit your face and not call attention to the nose.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html

There should not be any telltale signs from rhinoplasty

+1

If a rhinoplasty has been performed there should be no telltale signs of having had the surgery. The rhinoplasty operation performed in experienced hands can leave the patient with a very natural appearing nose without too much uplifting, ski slopes or Ms. Piggy look. It is important to wait at least two to three weeks after rhinoplasty to resume work and social activities to allow most of your facial swelling to subside.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Privacy after Rhinoplasty

+1

Friends and associates will typically only notice a bad rhinoplasty. A nose job should never look like a "nose job". Seek a surgeon whose work you like.

A well balanced rhinoplasty surgery can be inconspicuous

+1

When rhinoplasty has good aesthetic balance, others will think you look better for other reasons, a new haircut, losing weight, etc. It is only when rhinoplasty is overdone with a skin slope bridge, pinched tip, and pig like upturned nose that people will be clued in.

Rhinoplasty results

+1

If you are already scheduled to have a rhinoplasty, these are questions that are best answered by your operating surgeon. If you are in the process of getting consultations in preparation for choosing your surgeon, these questions should be addressed. It depends on what you are looking to achieve with your rhinoplasty, whether or not it will be noticible. Subtle changes that you have done for imperfections that bother you but others do not notice, will likely not draw attention to your nose after surgery. But even is some cases where a dramatic change is made to the nose, sometimes even close friends cannot put their finger on what looks different in their friend! Good luck with your surgery!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1

A good rhinoplasty should not be too obvious. Obviuosly close friends and family will identify that your nose may look different. If a good rhinoplasty is performed most people that do not know you will not likely suspect that you had one done.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Most of the time, the only people who will know you had a rhinoplasty are the ones you tell. If you give yourself 7 to 10 days to recover, your peers should not notice. They may suspect that something is different but rarely put 2 and 2 together.

A good rhinoplasty should not be obvious.

Dr.S,

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Rhinoplasty appearance

+1

Rhinoplasty, like all Plastic Surgery, should not be noticeable post operatively. The idea of it and any cosmetic surgery is to make you look natural, not operated. As far as your friends go, they will notice a splint on your nose for about a week and bruising and swelling for several weeks if you allow them to see you during that time.

After the splint is removed, you can generally disguise the bruising with make-up, but this is not perfect. After that, the only thing that should be noticeable is that your nose looks “better.” Good friends may be able to detect a change, but may not recognize what the change is. What you tell them is entirely up to you. Sometimes, just saying you have been sleeping better is enough.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon