Is Rhinoplasty Surgeon Responsible for Fixing a Bad Nose Job?

About a month and a half ago I had my sinuses drained, my adnoids removed, and my deviated septum fixed. When I went for my consultation, I told my doctor I did not like how the front part of my nose looked, and since he is a plastic surgeon as well, I paid him to perform a turbinate reduction along with all of the medical procedures.

At first my nose looked okay, but as the swelling is going down more and more it visibly looks crooked. You can visibly tell it looks crooked in every single picture I take of myself that's not from far away. Many people have told me it looks crooked, and I am starting to get very upset about this and self concsious. I'm starting to wish I did not even get the cosmetic part of the surgery done on the tip of my nose.

Would it be the doctor's responsibility to do revision on my nose without another fee since he's the one who messed up?

Allow nose to fully heal then discuss revision with your surgeon

+1

It is unfortunate that you have a crooked nose after rhinoplasty. Wait at least one year after the initial surgery prior to thinking about undergoing revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your surgeon should be willing to perform a revision rhinoplasty on you to straighten a crooked nose. Usually there is a minimal charge for the operating room and anesthesia associated with this. The revision rate rhinoplasty even in experienced hands is at least 10 to 15%. Make sure your surgeon is very comfortable performing revision rhinoplasty surgery and has performed many, many rhinoplasties.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

6 weeks is too soon to judge the results of your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Your nose could look a bit crooked right now due to some persistent swelling a month and a half after Rhinoplasty Surgery. Have you addressed your concerns with your surgeon?

If you're uncomfortable with your doctor or if you think something bad happened, please get a second opinion from a board-certified Rhinoplasty specialist.

If you email me a frontal and profile photo, along with a description, I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty gone bad: what to do with undesireable results.

+1

I am very confused by your description. A turbinate resection has absolutely nothing to do with the appearance of the nose. It sounds as if the vast majority of your surgery was for functional problems which should have little impact on the aesthetic appearance. I would recommend a forthright discussion with the surgeon about your concerns who will work to resolve the situation to the best of their abilities.

Rhinoplasty redo pricing depends on the surgeon

+1

The correction of the deviated septum and nose is not possible all the times. The reason is the asymmetry of the facial bone and specially check bones. These asymmetries are not noticed before surgery becuse of the attention to the nose.

Most surgeon will offer redo and patient expected to pay for the surgical center and anesthesia. Please discuss your concerns with your doctor. When discuss your concerns with yor doctor, respect his work and apreciate his efferts.You can go far without confrontation and telling that "he messed up".

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeons may or may not revise noses for a lower rate.

+1

A deviated septum is difficult sometimes to make absolutely straight. Sometimes with healing the nose re-deviates. This happens to all surgeons, but less often to more experienced surgeons. The surgeon is not obligated to revise the nose for free since he did not "mess up". You should discuss with the surgeon if he revises for a discounted rate or not.