Nose Cast Making It Seem Like It is Thinner or Smaller Than It Will Be?

I still have my nose cast one, as it has only been 3 days post-op, but I am very worried that my nose will be too small and/or thin for my face, just by looking at it in the cast. Is the cast just pinching it and making it look thinner than it will be? In general, does the cast normally make your nose look more pinched?

Too early to predict Rhinolplsty results

+1

Dear Changaroo,

The cast could be "pinching" your nose as you have described, yet it is too soon to predict the result of your Rhinoplasty.

I believe that with time and when the cast is off (usually within the first week post-op), you will be able to have a better assessment.

Nonetheless, not until all the swelling subsides that you can fully appreciate the results of your surgery.

I encourage you to be a little more patient and to keep communicating with your surgeon and to work by his/her recommendation as the healing process is very important.

Thank you for your question and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Patience

+1

Good Question!  Let's give it a few more weeks for regional healing and rely on some good old fashion time & facial icing (with your Cosmetic Surgeon's permission). 

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You are still freshly post-op with a cast on from your Rhinoplasty...way too soon to be worried about the final results that are at least 4-9 months away.  

+1

Three days after Rhinoplasty is not long enough to determine the outcome of your procedure. The cast usually stays on for about five days.  You will have swelling over the next several weeks and sometimes a few months afterwards.  You need to be patient to see the final result of your rhinoplasty. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS