Nose Issues From Wearing Glasses? (photo)

1 year back I replaced my light, plastic frame spectacles for a heavier, bigger frame. Over 6 months later, I realized that the bone at the top of my nose have developed pointy edges! I'm obsessed with the idea of getting my original nose back! Will constantly pressing those edges have a positive effect? What's the cure besides resorting to a rhinoplasty? How can I get my straight nose back without surgery? :(

Nasal Appearance after Wearing Heavy Glasses

+2

You do not mention your age but the glasses did not influence the appearance of the nasal bones unless this occurred during a growth phase, i.e. during puberty. The only way to change the contour of your bones is with surgery.

Will wearing glasses affect your nose shape?

+1

After a Rhinoplasty, patients typically wait 1-2 months before wearing sunglasses because this CAN affect the shape of the nose. In your case, I do not believe your glasses had a part in this change you are speaking of. Try switching back to your lighter frame. If the problem persists, be sure to consult with your local Facial Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/rhinoplasty_surgery.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I do not believe that this nasal issue came from the heavier glasses. I would switch back to your lighter frame and see what happens over a three to six month period of time. Sometimes changes just occur. If this is something that persists after you have switched back to the lighter frame schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. You will then know what your options are.

Nasal change from glasses

+1

Thank you for your question and the picture. It is hard to imagine that wearing glasses can deform the nasal bone ever if they were heavier than the previous ones. What might have happened is skin change ( thinner)f from the heavier glasses.  You could go back to your previous glasses and see if the boney edges go away.