It is 6`th Day After Hernia Operation and I Still Find Hard to Walk Straight! Is That Normal?

I have qiute annoying pain in lower abdominal area where the surgery was! I try to straighten up when standing and walking but it hurts so I want to sit down! I don`t know is that normal! And I still need to cover scar place with my hands when walking to avoid ugly pain! :( Thanks

Have you been drinking? Can't walk straight after hernia repair.

+1

Sorry, I had to chuckle after I read your headline question. I think you meant to say "I find it hard (painful) to stand upright while walking."

Yes, it certainly CAN be normal only 1 week post-op, but it depends on what type of hernia repair was done, the location of the hernia, whether mesh was used or not, the size and severity of the hernia, etc.

This is best answered by the surgeon who did your repair. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/body-procedures/tummy-tuck

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Find Hard to Walk Straight! Is That Normal?

+1

I am not sure what operation you've had. At any rate, any issues will not be diagnosed on line, and a call to your surgeon is appropriate. Best wishes.