What Would Work Best After a Full Tummy Tuck? A Recliner or a Contour Body Wedge?

A medical lift assist recliner or a Contour Body Wedge?

Preparing for Tummy Tuck

+2

If you already have a recliner at home, then you can use that. It isn't necessary to spend a lot of extra money on these items as pillows work just fine.

Recliner or wedge after tummy tuck

+2
Please don't spend all that money on something that you will only need for a few days. Cushioning with pillows is enough. Just remember not to sit on a very low chair and to take things slow in the early phase of healing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck Post Op

+2

Either the recliner or the wedge would work well.  There is no need to buy any of that though.  Just a few pillows behind your back and under your legs would work just as well.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

After Tummy Tuck

+2

I love my patients in a recliner for the first 24-48 hours.  Its comfortable and aids in dependent drainage of the drains.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Recliner after Tummy Tuck

+1

A recliner can be used after tummy tuck.   Pillows under the legs for sleep after tummy tuck also help.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Position After A Tummy Tuck

+1

I usually recommend that my patients sleep in a recliner after a tummy tuck if they have one. If they do not, I think it is an expensive and unnecessary purchase as you can achieve similar results with a few pillows you already have behind your back and underneath your knees.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Full Tummy Tuck Recliner

+1

Dear Morenais,

Following a Full Tummy Tuck, anything that keeps you in the "beach chair" position will work. A recliner, if you have one, works well for this and it is easy to get in and out of. However, a contour body wedge or 2-3 pillows in your bed comes in a close second. Good luck with your surgery!

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

Tummy tuck and recliner

+1

I think that a recliner or pillow is fine. I think whichever one you feel more comfortable in is the best one for you.

Recliner or a Contour Body Wedge

+1

Either of these will be suitable for your recovery. Choose the one that seems easier to get in and out of. All  the best.