What Would Work Best After a Full Tummy Tuck? A Recliner or a Contour Body Wedge?

A medical lift assist recliner or a Contour Body Wedge?

Preparing for Tummy Tuck

If you already have a recliner at home, then you can use that. It isn't necessary to spend a lot of extra money on these items as pillows work just fine.

2360 County Road 94
Pearland, TX 77584

Recliner or wedge after tummy tuck

Please don't spend all that money on something that you will only need for a few days. Cushioning with pillows is enough. Just remember not to sit on a very low chair and to take things slow in the early phase of healing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

After Tummy Tuck

I love my patients in a recliner for the first 24-48 hours.  Its comfortable and aids in dependent drainage of the drains.

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

50 Commerce Drive
Reading, PA 19610

Recliner after Tummy Tuck

A recliner can be used after tummy tuck.   Pillows under the legs for sleep after tummy tuck also help.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Best Position After A Tummy Tuck

I usually recommend that my patients sleep in a recliner after a tummy tuck if they have one. If they do not, I think it is an expensive and unnecessary purchase as you can achieve similar results with a few pillows you already have behind your back and underneath your knees.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

415 E. Southlake Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092

Full Tummy Tuck Recliner

Dear Morenais,

Following a Full Tummy Tuck, anything that keeps you in the "beach chair" position will work. A recliner, if you have one, works well for this and it is easy to get in and out of. However, a contour body wedge or 2-3 pillows in your bed comes in a close second. Good luck with your surgery!

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

110 E 87th St
New York, NY 10128

Tummy Tuck Post Op

Either the recliner or the wedge would work well.  There is no need to buy any of that though.  Just a few pillows behind your back and under your legs would work just as well.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Tummy tuck and recliner

I think that a recliner or pillow is fine. I think whichever one you feel more comfortable in is the best one for you.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Recliner or a Contour Body Wedge

Either of these will be suitable for your recovery. Choose the one that seems easier to get in and out of. All  the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004