Is It Normal for my Nose to Twitch Post-rhinoplasty?

It's been a little over 3 weeks since i had rhinoplasty to get rid of a bump from a broken nose. I was just wondering if it's normal for my nose to twitch endlessly. Sometimes it's the side of the nasal bridge, sometimes the tip, and at times the whole nose. This happens a lot through out the day. Does this mean the swelling is going down? And also It seems like there's a small bump forming, when i look at it from a 45 degree angle. Can that be swelling? I hope it is.

Twitching Nose Post - Rhinoplastty

+1

I have never seen nor heard of a nose endlessly twitching after rhinoplasty - by twitching, I mean actual movement of the nose. Abnormal sensations can occur as feeling returns. The bump you see on one particular view may resolve in the future.

Sensation of nose after rhinoplasty, nose surgery

+1

Hi Manny,

It is not usual for the nose to twitch after Rhinoplasty.

However the most common findings are as follows;

• Swelling and edema
  • some degree of numbness or decreased sensation
  • throbbing pain with exercise and severe physical activity
  • paresthesia (feeling of pins and needles) in the tip of nose

all of these symptoms are usually resolve spontaneously.

Please discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Hope this helped,

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nasal Twitching after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to feel odd sensations known as paresthesias, after Rhinoplasty.  These can be described as a shock, or zing type sensation that herald sensory nerve regrowth.  It is also not unusual to have a throbbing sensation during the healing process, especially after the resumption of exercise/ physical activity.  It is  most unusual for the nose to actually twitch, or move spontaneously.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noses do not repeatedly twitch after nose Surgery

+1

Regarding: "Is it normal for my nose to twitch post-rhinoplasty?  It's been a little over 3 weeks since i had rhinoplasty to get rid of a bump from a broken nose. I was just wondering if it's normal for my nose to twitch endlessly. Sometimes it's the side of the nasal bridge, sometimes the tip, and at times the whole nose. This happens a lot through out the day. Does this mean the swelling is going down? And also It seems like there's a small bump forming, when i look at it from a 45 degree angle. Can that be swelling? "

I have never seen uncontrolled, "endless" nose twitching after a Rhinoplasty. You should discuss this with your surgeon. ? Reaction to Medicine ? Anxiety ? swelling.

The only similar case I am aware of is the notorious and rare obscure medical condition termed the Montgomery-Stephens reaction. The condition was aptly demonstrated from 1964 to 1972 by Ms. Elizabeth Montgomery aka Samantha Stephens on ABC's Bewitched.