How Long Does is Take for Kenalog Injections to Work in Reducing Swelling in Nasal Tip?

my daughter had kenalog injections three days ago on each side of nasal tip after undergoing an open and closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago. I still havent noticed a reduction in the swelling of the tip after 3 days of receiving injections. Is there still hope? or should I assume that the kenalog is not going to help with any swelling in her tip?

Kenalog Injections in Nasal Tip

+1

It is best to use kenalog injections conservatively to avoid over-correction. After the injection, swelling may resolve faster than it would have without the kenalog - it will be difficult for you to evaluate the effectiveness of this treatment - rely on your surgeon's judgement. Injections may be repeated and with a stronger solution.

Swelling in the tip is common after rhinoplasty

+1

swelling in the tip is common after rhinoplasty and the tip is usually the last part of the nose to have the swelling completely resolve.  This process usually takes about 2-3 months for the swelling to go down and then even longer before it is "soft".  Wait for several more weeks before even considering another steroid injection.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Kenalog injections for swelling after rhinoplasty.

+1

You will continue to see the swelling go down for 6-8 weeks. She may need another injection or a greater strength of kenalog.