Is It Normal That One of my Eyes Doesn't Shut Completely 1 Week After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty 1 week ago and when I close my eyes or blink the corner of my left eye stays open a little bit. By looking at it you can't tell but I feel a resistance when i try to close it and my contact lense feels dry. Is this due to swelling? If so how much time will it take to go away?

Rhinoplasty and eyes closing

That is an unsual situation that i have not heard about before. Without an exam it would be difficult to say why this could be happening. It could be from swelling in other parts of your face and eye region, it could be related to the osteotomies among other things. You should be checked out by yorur doctor.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Inability to Close Eye 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

I've never seen this, but my only explanation would be that the swelling is interfering with lid closure. Hopefully this has improved by the time you read my response. In the interim use liquid tears and eye ointment to moisten the eye. Consult with your surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210