Uneven Swelling 6 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty, Should I be Concerned? (photo)

Should I be concerned about this? It has been 6 months since I had surgery. I had a bump on my bridge. My nostrils look uneven and I don't like that bump on my right nostril. I don't feel proud to be in public and feel more embarrassed about this new nose.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal to have some residual swelling especially in the first months and up to a year after a rhinoplasty. This is all part of a normal post operative rhinoplasty course of wound healing. In patients who have had secondary rhinoplasty, have thick skin, of ethnic origin, or males, they have a tendency to have swelling significantly longer. That is entirely normal. However, in most patients, most swelling is gone in 6-8 weeks except for very subtle nasal tip swelling.

Uneven Swelling 6 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Without an examination it is difficult to tell if the fullness on the right side will resolve and the nostril asymmetry improve. Having waited 6 months after your rhinoplasty, this is a good time to discuss this with your surgeon to determine if a minor revision will be necessary.

Uneven Swelling 6 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty, Should I be Concerned?

+1

At 6 months, most of the post Rhinoplasty swelling may have subsided and the results should be discussed with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon, IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty - 6 mo

+1

At 6 months, the initial swelling from your surgery are resolved and you are close to seeing your final result.  I would recommend going back to your surgeon to have a discussion about your concerns.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to talk to you and discuss your options at this point.

Dr. Catherine Begovic M.D.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Nose Uneven 6 Months After Rhioplasty

+1

This would be a good time to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Minor revisions after rhinoplasty are common even for the best surgeons. If that doesn't help, consider a 2nd opinion.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty concerns after surgery.

+1

You should return to your surgeon to discuss a possible revision as I don't think the bump on the photos will go away. He can feel it and tell you what he thinks and when a revision would be done. If you are not satisfied get a second opinion.