Is the Hump on my Nose Just Swollen or Did He Not Shave Enough Bone Off?

I had rhinoplasty over a month ago and can still very much feel the bone in my nose being uneven and appears as if it wasn't properly decreased. Does the bone get swollen as well as the tissue? and if my doctor agrees he didn't shave enough off, when could I have him take more off?

Residual Hump 1 Month Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 1 month post-op it is impossible to evaluate the result of your rhinoplasty. Your appearance will improve as swelling decreases. An irregularity of the bone is frequently felt at this time and may never totally resolve which is not a problem as long as this cannot be seen. Wait another 9-12 months before cconsidering the removal of more bone. 

+1

I think that I answered your other question and from the photo, at 1 month post Rhinoplasty, you can't tell if the dorsal bump is swelling or residual dorsal bone.

Bony palpability

+1

All rhinoplasties leave some sort of irregularity under the skin that does not necessarily have to be treated unless it  becomes visible or bothersome.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Uneven areas that you can feel but not see are not uncommon and should not worry you. It's too early to evaluate whether or not enough hump was removed or not.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Early

+1

It is still too early to know. You are still healing from your surgery. I would contact your surgeon and talk to him/her about this problem.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump

+1

Post rhinoplasty uneveness that you can feel but not see means nothing. You are too eary in your healing process to judge. Check with your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Hump still there after rhinoplasty

+1

Many can feel irregular areas over the nasal bone after rhinoplasty, though they are not visible. If the hump remains after rhinoplasty it is possible that the bone was not trimmed enough as the bone does not swell. Swelling and stiffness is present in the area just above the tip, and between the eyes and you can expect considerable improvement over time. After six months, if you feel that the bridge is still too high revision can help. Ask your doctor if he likes the result.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty swelling takes 1 year to go away, so be patient. If you need a minor filing of the bump wait 1 year.