My Nose is Still Long After Rhinoplasty, Why is this? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty a month aago to remove a hump, push back the tip, and remove droopy cartilage. Today, my hump is still there bu tthe doctor says it is swelling. My question is I still find my nose to look long for my nose and I am trying to figure out what makes a nose long? is it the hump that I still see? How do doctors make a nose look shorter I guess is what I am trying to figure out to see what needs to be done on mine if I end up going for a revision in a year. Picture attached

My Nose is Still Long After Rhinoplasty, Why is this?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty, for over 20 years and from the photo there's a slight dorsal bump and the nasal tip is under rotated at ~ 95 degrees making the nose appear long.  Aesthetically, the nasal tip should be at 110 to 115 degrees for a woman.  If you only wanted the nose to appear shorter, the tip can be rotated through an isolated incision along the anterior septum.  Trimming the septum will rotate the nasal tip when combined with an orthopedic internal suture.  This takes about 15 minutes and doesn't require a full Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nasal Length Post Rhinoplasty

+1

ent As healing progresses over the next 6-9 months you will know if the present hump is swelling or residual bone that will be removed. I agree that you nose does look long at this time. The length can be decreased by removal of septal cartilage immediately above the tip. Patience is the only treatment at present.

Still have bump

+1

If the area is able to be compressed with your finger then the bump will likely improve. If not then it will need further work. You still seem a little overprotected  but without a frontal view it's hard to know if you will have to much nostril flare if the tip is set back further. 

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the nasal bump and long nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the nasal bump and long nose can be done in 6-9 months for your nose. The length is determined by where the nose starts (between the eyes) and where it ends. The bump can be filed down and the nose made shorter by excision of septal and/or tip cartilages. Also, the root of the nose can be brought down to make it look shorter. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best quality.