Accidentally Bumped My Cast While Icing My Face On Day 1 After Rhinoplasty?

Felt a little bone move slightly on the bridge of my nose. have I ruined my nose job

Nasal trauma just after rhinoplasty

+2

It is unlikely that you caused any damage to your  nose one day after surgery if you bumped your nose.  Best to check with your surgeon.

Accidentally bumped cast on day 1 after rhinoplasty?

+2

It is unlikely that any damage was caused. It would be best to speak with your surgeon and have him/her examine the area to ensure you are healing properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Ruined Rhinoplasty

+2

In short the answer is NO

It is very unlikely that you would have moved the bones with the bump on the nose. The splint is there for that exact reason , to guard the bones against accidental knocks and bangs.

I hope that reassures you to some degree

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty

+2

It is unlikely you damaged your result unless you had a significant blow to the nose.  Have your surgeon evaluate you to make sure.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+2

Dear Soul,

Thank you for your question.  If the bone under the splint was moved, it is a possibility that the bones shifted and needed to be shifted back.  This is not an emergency, however.  Call your surgeon and express you concerns, and follow-up with him.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon