What Is The Normal Healing Process After Fraxel Re:Store?

I had Fraxel Re:Store on Friday around 11am so it's alittle over two days now & my skin feels like sandpaper :( I'm still a bit swollen & red. I'm only flaking around my mouth & I have two very tiny pimples <-- really tiny! Oh and there are like tiny brown dots all over (It looks like i have dirt on my face) Is this normal? When will it start to get better? I have to work Tuesday morning & I'm scared to put make-up on even though thery tell you it's ok! Is physicians formula a good make-up?

What you are experiencing is Normal

+1

•During the first 24 hours after treatment (Saturday), your skin should have felt as though it is sunburned and appeared pink or red.
•This is then followed in the next 24-48 hours(Sunday and Monday) by swelling and a darkening effect referred to as bronzing.
•Once the skin has bronzed it will then start to peel around days 5-10, (which for you will be Thursday-Monday). During this time you may experience minor itching or flaking.
•MOST IMPORTANT, you should keep the skin moist and hydrated and DO NOT pick at or attempt to speed up the peeling process because if you do you run the risk of infection, hyperpigmentation, or scarring.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Savannah

This sounds very typical following this procedure.  It is expected to have some swelling due to the heat generated in the deeper tissue, which will ultimately cause some collagen remodeling and hence improvement in your texture.  The "brown dots" will likely wash away in the next few days and be replaced with new epidermis.

The small pimples are likely due to the bland emollient you are using and will cycle out in the next couple of weeks.

Hang in there!

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

5 days to look great

+1

Your results are very typical and expected and usually herald an excellent response. That flaking, bronzed skin will all sluff off in 5 days. I often do a SilkPeel on day 4 for my patients who get worried about the process taking too long. Don't fret!

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel restore

+1

Normally, patients who undergo Fraxel Restore, are told they may apply makeup as early as the next day.  "Bronzing" or "dirty skin" flaking of this top layer is quite common and usually is gone by one week. Redness is gone by four to five days along with the swelling for most people.

Ronald Shelton, MD