Is Fraxel Laser Safe for People with Jaw Reconstruction?

I would like to have Fraxel restore on my face (including jaw line). Is there any sort of problem since I previously underwent jaw reconstruction surgery (involving metal)? I saw the answer regarding the Affirm laser, but want to make sure that the same answer applies to Fraxel. Thanks so much!

Fraxel Laser Is Fine After Jaw Reconstruction

+1

Fraxel Laser treatment should be absolutely fine after jaw reconstruction surgery. So long as you are well healed, there is no reason not to have the procedure done. I would expect you to receive a good result from this procedure.
Good luck to you.
George Anterasian, MD

Santa Monica Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional laser treatments should be fine.

+1

Your jaw reconstruction is much deeper than any of the fractional lasers (Matrix, Fraxel, etc.) will penetrate and therefore should be fine to get the treatment.

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel laser can be used after jaw surgery with metal

+1

There is no reason that the Fraxel laser can't be used. the metal you had implanted with your jaw surgery is deeper than the laser penetration; you should not have any issues.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel Laser is Okay with Metal Jaw Reconstruction

+1

Hi Columbia,

It is okay to have Fraxel laser with metal in your jaw.  Make sure that you stay away from MRI machines!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Not a problem to have fraxel after jaw surgery

+1

there is no reason i can think of that fraxel restore would be at all problematic after a jaw recon. hope you are pleased with the improvement you should obtain using this  super tool.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon