Is It Normal for 1 Breast to Be More Swollen & Painful Than the Other 1 Week Post-Op?

I had breast augmentation done this past Monday, so im 6 days post-op, my right seems like its almost healed and not much pain at all but my left breast is still very painful!! I have shooting & burning pains & it is also a little more swollen than the right? It even makes my left arm feel numb all the way to my fingertips at times!!

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

Swelling on one side after breast augmentation is not uncommon; if you have marked swelling (usually with bruising) it may be a sign of a hematoma (blood colleciton) which your surgeon may need to address. It is always best to let your surgeon take a look and make sure.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling post augmentation

+1
Pain and differential swelling of the breasts is very common at one week after breast augmentation. Marked swelling on one side with significant pain can indicate a hematoma or bleeding. This should be evaluated by you board certified plastic surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

One week after implants one breast swollen and tender

+1

It can be normal for one breast to be slightly more swollen or tender than the other, however swelling and pain on one side can also indicate a complication such as bleeding or hematoma. Have your surgeon take a look to be sure.

Uneven swelling after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Absolutely! It is almost the norm to have unequal swelling between the breasts after breast augmentation procedure especially at one week after surgery. The pain you are describing is also common but if persists you should check with your surgeon!

Wish you quick and successful recovery !!!!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon