Is It Normal to Have a Fold of Skin Going from my Ear Down my Neck After Having a Lower Mini Lift(face Only)?

I recently had a mini lower face lift only, I now have very tightly pulled eyes and a fold of skin that goes from my ear down my neck on both sides. Is this normal or do I did a neck lift now ? Thank You !

Mini facelift and skin issue

+1

If you have a skin issue with redundancy down the side of your neck, in all likelihood you will need better redraping of the skin with a longer incision behind the ear.

Even at 1 week you should see a noticeable improvement with the mini lifts.

+1

If you are several weeks out from you minilift and having tightly pulled eyes and a fold down the neck, then you should see your doc. You may really need a neck lift to compliment what already was done. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Facelift Results

+1

It is very difficult to diagnose your problem without pictures.  Many times Mini Facelifts are suggested because patients want a quick recovery with lower cost.  When performed on patients that truly require a more thorough procedure, a traditional facelift, such issues as persistent skin laxity, skin folds, and lack of effect can be seen.  I suggest you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your issues.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/face-procedures-cherry-hill/mini-facelift/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin Folds after Mini Facelift

+1

Any skin folds after mini facelift may reduce with time, but without an exam or pictures no really useful advice can be given.  In general, if a person has very lax skin prior to the facelift, that person has a greater risk of having folds after the facelift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Skin Fold after Lower Mini Lift

+1

Unfortunately, without seeing a photo of your condition and knowing exactly what techniques were used, I can only offer a very general opinion.  If you had a true mini lower lift, then you probably had a limited undermining and advancement of skin up and back around your ears.  Depending on the degree of skin looseness you started with, this limited movement of skin backward toward the ear might have left a fold or ripple at the end of the area moved.  You might need further undermining (lifting) of the skin backward over a larger area to smooth out that fold.  On the other hand, you might see smoothing out over time with massage of the fold to help the skin settle in its new position.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com