Is a Face Tuck Rather Than Lift Possible?

When I hold a finger underneath my jaw (either side) & smile there is a significant improvement to dynamic smile lines. Due to thinned skin on sides of face + fat loss I now have some skin laxity and it is now quite stretchy in face and neck. When I lean over my face falls & the wrinkles are a lot worse. My face & neck at rest are ok. As well as fillers & resurfacing, is it possible to perform a tuck via the neck to improve lines & laxity before considering a more major lift . Thanks.

+1

Thank you for your question. A tuck and lift are in many ways similar. In order to tuck, a lift is needed. Thus, if you only want the middle part of your neck tucked, this is possible to remove a little fat, and tighten muscles if they a re separated (platysma bands). If the problem is beyond the mid area, then a lift is needed. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have a full evaluation and they can direct your choices. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift or Face Tuck

+1

Both the skin and the underlying tissues can be controlled with modern facelifting techniques.  It would be helpful to have a picture to give an idea of your specific needs.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Face tuck, lift neck, face lines, face laxity

+1

Other options include a lower neck/face lift, a full face laser and Cellulaze Sidelaze to tighten the neck.

Smile lines show least improvement with these procedures; fillers are the most straightforward approach.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions. Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Options for Facial Rejuvenation

+1
The term facelift is actually not necessarily correct, for there are a
variety of ways to achieve the desired results from facial rejuvenation
surgery.  These procedures can be customized, depending on the exact
cosmetic needs of the patient.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

If skin is being lifted and pulled on the face for wrinkles, it's a facelift. It may be a mini-lift but its still called a lift

+1

The amount of surgery necessary to rejuvenate someone's face really depends on their anatomy, age and quality of the skin. A skin only "tuck" or facelift has the least amount of longevity since skin stretches. Mini-lifts pull the muscle a little but don't last as long as a full facelift in patients past their mid 50's. See a specialisti in facial plastic surgery for a qualified opinion on what would work best for you.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Mini Facelift

+1

Without an examination and photographs, it is impossible to say if your would benefit from a mini lift.  Many patients want a refreshed look, and go with a mini lift for financial reasons and recovery time.  You should understand that this is a temporary fix, and you may need additional surgery later on to maintain the result.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Minilft for early aging.

+1

A mini lift is what you describe as a tuck vs a full face lift.  This will probably be what you need but I would need see photos for a proper answer. 

Face tuck

+1

I imagine by using the term "tuck" you are looking for something that is not as ominous sounding as a  "facelift". O. K. , call it a tuck but I would call the operation that will make the improvement your fingers make a facelift. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

You sound to have early aging process that can be dealt with in many ways depending on the examination , and the goals you want to achieve. (What is a face tuck)/. Understand what is being offered before going through. The tuck is nothing but a face lift of varying degree. In some aging and some skin color, fat transfer, and laser resurfacing can be an option. Another is a mini facelift. Do not fall into the traps of branded name procedures. Life style and quick lifts are nothing but variations of the real facelift.