Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

+8

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nose size

+2
While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+2
Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Make my big nose smaller without surgery

+2
Unfortunately, I don't see how to make your nose smaller without surgery.  Based on these limited views, it is not a bad nose to begin with! I don't appreciate a dorsal hump, good tip structure, appropriate tip rotation. Your Chin is slightly recessed, something to consider. The dorsum could be lowered slightly and a slight supratip break could be achieved with minimal efforts.  Consult a rhinoplasty surgeon with considerable experience in finesse rhinoplasty if you elect to go forward. 

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

+2

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

+2

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose appears too large for a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure.

+2

I reviewed your profile photo. Your nose is a bit on the large side, and you have a mildly retrusive chin which makes your nose appear large.

I think your best option for the most pleasing aesthetic would be rhinoplasty surgery to lower your bridge, and deproject your tip. Try to consult a specialist that performs both rhinoplasty surgery, and non-surgical rhinoplasty so you could see the difference with computer imaging. You should consider chin implant surgery as well.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1
Reducing the size of your nose isn't possible without surgery.  Use of fillers in the nose has a limited set of applications and would not be a good idea in this case. However, I agree with Dr. Nayak that augmenting the chin with a long lasting filler could add balance to your face without surgery.  Generally speaking, chin augmentation is also best accomplished with surgery using anatomically conforming implants.  The best result would be achieved by combining a chin augmentation with Rhinoplasty.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical procedures to reduce the size of the nose

+1
While there are no nonsurgical procedures that will truly reduce the size of your nose, you do have a relatively soft chin. In general, when the chin is underdeveloped, the nose appears even bigger.A long-lasting injectable filler such as JuvĂ©derm or Perlane 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon