Non-surgical Nose Job Procedures to Reduce Nose Size?

Are there any non-surgical procedures to make my nose smaller, or is surgery my only option?

Non surgical rhinoplasty isn't for big noses

Unfortunately injectable rhinoplasty by its very nature can't make your nose smaller. Very occasionally a 'liquid rhinoplasty' can create the illusion of a smaller nose, but this is rare. Injectable rhinoplasty is for creating straighter nasal bridges, straightening slightly bend noses and for 'touch ups' after rhinoplasty.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nose size

While there is no method to reduce the size of the nose without nasal surgery the relative size of the nose can be made to appear smaller and more appropriately proportioned with lengthening of the chin (if indicated).  
In the case of a slightly larger nose and a short chin, increasing chin projection with an implant or a sliding genioplasty will help to improve facial harmony even if a reduction rhinoplasty cannot be done at the time.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane to augment the nasal dorsum or tip region to create an improved look. I would caution against using Radiesse for this procedure. Your limited view shows that you would benefit more from a chin implant to improve your profile than adding filler to your nose. It's not feasible to decrease the size of your nose with fillers. Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for the Big Nose

Technically it is not possible to reduce the size of the nose with a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty.  However, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can make some noses look smaller.  Some examples of change the shape to create the appearance of a smaller nose:

1. A nose with a deep radix and a large bony hump.

2. A nose with an deep angle between the upper lip and the bottom of the nose (acute naso-labial angle).

Based on the one profile photograph, I would recommend an endo-nasal reduction rhinoplasty.  However, in general it is best to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for more specific advice and photo-morphing to obtain the best results. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: Benefits and Limitations

Injecting fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, in the nose can be helpful for certain patients who would benefit from additional volume in certain specific areas. Adding filler can cause certain noses to appear less deviated, improve symmetry, and fill indentations after prior rhinoplasty. Sometimes, adding filler above a hump can make it appear less prominent. 

However, there is no nonsurgical way to make a nose smaller. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a surgeon who performs both traditional (surgical) rhinoplasty as well as nasal fillers. That way, you would have access to all the different options out there for your nose. Computer imaging is a very valuable exercise during the consultation, for you to express your aesthetic goals and for the surgeon to express what she/he could do with fillers vs. rhinoplasty. Lastly, from your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant as well, as a more projecting chin will make your nose appear more balanced with the rest of your face. 

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose appears too large for a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure.

I reviewed your profile photo. Your nose is a bit on the large side, and you have a mildly retrusive chin which makes your nose appear large.

I think your best option for the most pleasing aesthetic would be rhinoplasty surgery to lower your bridge, and deproject your tip. Try to consult a specialist that performs both rhinoplasty surgery, and non-surgical rhinoplasty so you could see the difference with computer imaging. You should consider chin implant surgery as well.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately, to date there are no non-surgical procedures to reduce the size of your nose. You may come across options for injectable rhinoplasty which can create the illusion of a straighter nose in the nasal bridge but it does not actually make your nose smaller. Also, this is a temporary solution as the filler will metabolize in your body and the procedure would need to be performed again. The best solution to decrease the size of your nose is to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical nose reduction does not exist

Most of my patients if not all (except Asians) request the nose reduction not the augmentation. Since they desire to have smaller nose adding filler to the nose will not accomplish that goal . One has to reduce or remove either cartilage and/or bone to have this kind of change. In rare occasions addig a filler above the hunp make produce straight dorsal line but obviously will not make it smaller. Nevertheless , in some rare case that maybe a desirable effect. You should choose a plastic surgeron who can review with you 3D pictures that can be modified on the computer to show you what can be acomplished

Non-surgical rhinoplasty or Liquid Rhinoplasty Cannot Be Used to Reduce the Size of the Nose

A non-surgical rhinoplasty or nose job is also known as a liquid rhinoplasty and is used to add volume to the nose to improve the shape. If you have an area that needs to be reduced like a hump or excess tip cartilage, the only procedure that we have is a surgical rhinoplasty.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon