White Birth Mark on my Face? (photo)

i have a white birth mark starting from my cheek ending to my bow line, on the right side of my face, Please suggest me a quickly responsive option, should i go for surgery or Laser Treatment will work, Kindly suggest good hospital name in Delhi NCR- India.

White birthmark

Thank you for your question.  There are various ways to remove birthmarks, depending on its etiology.  For example, a birthmark caused due to a vascular problem needs a completely different treatment than a birthmark such as a mole.  More often than not, vascular birthmarks need to have some form of laser treatment.  They can require more, but a laser is generally a minimum.  Other birthmarks such as a mole, can be excised in the office with relative ease.  The size and location will determine the final outcome.  A photograph always helps but there is no substitute for and in person physical examination.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for the best outcomes.

White Birthmark?

Hi Noida.  If the white birthmark has appeared very recently or slowly over time, you should get checked for Vitiligo.  There are treatments for this but you need a diagnosis first.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD