Are 380 or 410 Cc Implants to Big? (photo)

I'm 34yrs old, 5'1 and 124 lbs. I'm a 34 A cup. I would like to be a full C to small D. My doc chose 380 or 410cc round moderate profile Sientra "gummy bear" implants under the muscle. I'm a little concerned because I think that I might not have enough tissue to support that size.

Sientra Gel Implants

+2

Thanks for your question.  Based on the photos you submitted and your desires, I agree with your plastic surgeon that a 380-410 cc Sientra gel implant will give you a great result.  I disagree with the other surgeon who feels that the "after" image looks like cantaloupes.  It's interesting that geography plays such a key role in implant size.  Studies have demonstrated that smaller implants are used more frequently in the Northeast and that women from California and Texas prefer larger implants.  The Sientra 410 cc moderate gel is by far the most popular implant I place.  Remember, the most common cause of re-operation after augmentation is size change, and it's almost always to go bigger.  A 380-410 cc implant is not unreasonable, so go for it!  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.restoraaustin.com/breast_enlargement.html

Enough tissue for bam

+2

It doesn't sound like it should be a problem.  The skin has a lot of elasticity, and I have patients of equal proportions who do well with even larger implants.  It is important to feel comfortable with your choice, so talk to your ps again before surgery

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C to small D cup” or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Being Conservative Has Its Rewards

+1

You appear to have  beautiful, slightly asymmetric breasts and should be careful about going to big.  Do you really want to look like the photo on the far right..two large, round cantaloupes stuck on your chest???  

While your own tissue may accommodate implants with these volumes you should go through a careful sizing/ measurement protocol to determine the ideal implants to get you to a "C-cup".  It's also difficult to tell from your photograph but it appears as if your breasts are slightly asymmetric and you may benefit from two different sized implants.  And yes, I do agree that 380 or 410 are probably too big!  I would probably recommend implants in the low 300 range as they would better enhance the shape of your own breasts while getting you to the size you desire...GOOD LUCK!

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/breast_augmentation.htm

Are 380 or 410 Cc Implants to Big?

+1

If you want to go up at least 2 cup sizes I would go with the larger implant, provided that the implant can fit your chest wall width.  As far as tissue supporting the size, the postop photo you provided did not have a great deal of tissue before either.  The tissue can accommodate a great deal of stretch, and 410 cc is not a prohibitively large implant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Implant size

+1

From your description of what you want to look like and the photos, I think your surgeon's recommendation is a good one.  You will have enough space to place the implant.  It will feel tight few a while, but will loosen up over a few weeks time.  Overall, a perfect plan for your situation!  Best of luck and enjoy your new look.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

380 or 410 cc implants

+1

You may be right, the implants may be too big for your skin envelope. An exam in person would be essential.

380 or 410

+1

Hello there 

trying the implants or sizes on at your consultation is the best way to get an idea. I can't be certain without measuring you but it seems a reasonable size. Don't get too hung up on 380/410. There is really very little difference between the two. 

Just go back and try them  on again 

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon