A Squeaky Breast with the Gummy Bear Implants?

I had the Sientra silicone implants 1 month ago and one of them just started to make a squeaking noise when I bend over. Any ideas why this may be happening?

Noises afterBreast Augmentation?

+2

It is not uncommon for patients to report hearing noises after breast surgery. This is probably related to air or fluid around the breast implant.  At one month post op the presence of air or fluid should be minimal to none.

Otherwise, you may be hearing the breast implant as it shifts ( as you change position) over  your rib cage. Generally speaking, these  types of concerns are not  an issue in the long-term.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Squeaky noise after breast augmentation

+1
Noises such as what you are hearing are not uncommon. They are not related to Sientra implants, nor to any specific brand.  Usually all these shifts/noises disappear within three months.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Breast Implants

+1
Hi Mortlyn,
Keep your surgeon in the loop, but it is real normal to hear funny noises for a while after surgery on one or both sides.  Dr. Pousti gives a great explanation below.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Squeaking Implants after Breast Augmentation

+1

Implants can squeak due to the implant shell interacting with fluid in the pocket.  This usually subsides but may persist for a few weeks.

Squeeking noise with implants

+1

It is probably residual air that has not been absorbed or the implant perhaps rubbing against the chest. I would suggest seeing your surgeon to make sure everything is OK.  Good luck, hope everything is OK.

"Squeakiness" after breast implants often do to residual air in the pocket

+1

"Squeakiness" after breast implants often do to residual air in the pocket.  This usually resolves within a couple of months after surgery - if not I would go back to your surgeon and discuss it.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD