CoolSculpting - Is Myomectomy a Risk for Uneven Results?

Had back to back, left and right abdominal Zeltiq procedures 3 months ago and I am now very uneven. I am now considering a third Zeltiq to correct my new deformity, however, at my follow-up, my doc explained that he is suddenly concerned about the myomectomy I had 3 years ago. Myomectomy is surgery to remove uterine fibroids. Is there any merit to his concern and if so, why was this not considered before the first round of procedures? Could this be the cause of my uneven results?

Uneveness after CoolSculpting

+1

I am not familiar with right and left treatments with CoolSculpting for the abdomen.  Certainly we do right and left love handle treatments, but we do upper and lower abdomen if needed. Some rare fibroids can be very large and cause a distortion of the abdominal wall but this should be palpated as a mass from the outside abdominal area and uneven fat should feel like fat.

Zeltiq after myomectomy

+1

Greetings~

I've never heard of a previous myomectomy effecting results from Zeltiq.  A procedure that involves the uterus should have no effect on a procedure that addresses subcutaneous fat. Placement of Zeltiq applicators can effect the overall contour following the procedure so proper placement is important if dividing an area like the abdomen in to left and right sides.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Myomectomy

+1

It would be hard to explain how a myomectomy which is an intrauterine procedure would effect a procedure like Zeltiq where the target structure is the subcutaneous fat. As such, it would be hard for me to associate history of myomectomy with poor Zeltiq outcome.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Coolsculpting and Uterine Fibroids

+1

I am unaware of any reports documenting any issue with myomectomy and uneven coolscultping results.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon