Slim Lipo vs. Cool Sculpting for Belly Fat and Love Handles?

What is the best treatment to remove belly fat and love handles? Both treatments get about 80% of thumbs up on this website. The photos of smart lipo show better results, ie. more fat removed. It also seems to me that the coolsculpting in the end will be very expensive because you need 3-4 treatments while from the slim lipo only one. What do doctors that offer both treatments recommend? Thank you!

Coolsculpting is a good alternative to invasive fat removal.

+2

I have experience with Smartlipo (similar to SlimLipo) laser fat removal and Coolsculpting.  I believe both procedures are effective but the Coolsculpting has the advantage that side effects are essentially non existent.  The fact that you can have Coolsculpting in an hour and go back to work with nothing more than a little tingling of the skin is amazing.  And it actually works.

Web reference: http://vandykelaser.com/body/coolsculpting-by-zeltiq/

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Slim Lipo or CoolSculpting?

+2

For patients who are truly looking to just fine tune and sculpt stubborn areas either treatment is a good option.  Which one is best truly depends on the patient and what they want.  For some, the idea of any surgery is out of the question and prefer non-surgical, non-invasive procedures and don't mind waiting to see results.  For others, they want the more immediate gratification and prefer lipo.  It's great to be able to offer both to patients especially since we aren't sacrificing efficacy by recommending one over the other.

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

CoolSculpting vs Liposuction

+1

The only way to determine whether or not you could benefit from CoolSculpting or Liposuction is through a consultation.  By visiting a plastic surgery practice that offers both CoolSculpting and liposuction, you may be able to get the best possible answer. CoolSculpting is not a replacement for liposuction, but for people with small, isolated areas of fat, CoolSculpting can be a wonderful treatment with great results and no down time.

Web reference: http://www.bluewaterspa.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Slim Lipo vs. CoolSculpting

+1

Thank you for your question. I believe CoolSculpting is a better option because it is non-invasive and has very little downtime. However, the best treatment also depends on how much fat you want removed. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Smart lipo versus Zeltiq

+1

Smart lipo is amazing since it is non-surgical.  Smart lipo is lipo surgery with a laser. There have been several reports of seromas and other complications. It is a surgical procedure and not everyone is a surgical candidate or wants surgery. ZZeltiq was invented as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. It is great but meant for patients at their ideal weight and only looking minimize fat in a bulge such as the abdomen or flanks or back fat.

Slim Lipo vs Cool Sculpting (Zeltiq)

+1

Dear Misses T,

Comparing Zeltiq (Cool Sculpting) to Slim Lipo is not quite accurate:

Slim Lipo is based on a laser targeting the fat cells poorly possibly affecting neighboring tissues inducing side effects.

However, the Zeltiq will freeze the fat cells (cryoplipolysis) without affecting other tissues; the fat in the adipocytes (fat cells) will freeze at a controlled temperature inducing cellular apopotisis (programmed cell death) hence a permanent solution.

Personally, I recommend cool sculpting to my patients because of its commendable results without notable side effects. Offering Zeltiq treatments in my office attracts patients significantly for its great results.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Slim lipo versus Coolsculpting

+1

Slim lipo may produce better results than Coolsculpting, but keep in mind that Slim Lipo is invasive with a great recovery period and more downtime.  Coolsculpting has no downtime with very minimal discomfort and the results can be fantastic!

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TheScienceBehindCoolsculpting_6910095.aspx

SmartLIpo vs. CoolScultping

+1

I have performed a great deal of tumescent liposuction over the years and was very excited when CoolSculpting's technology was developed by Zeltiq.  Not all patients who are candidates for liposuction want to undergo surgery. Not all patients who want to have liposuction are considered candidates for surgery as they may have a medical condition or take medications that would prevent us from doing the liposuction.  Some paitents have a small bulge and it doesn't warrant the risks of the liposcution procedure.

Patients who are interested in CoolSculpting are told by me in the consultation, that liposuction is more effective in removing the fat and that it may only be one surgery, although some patients do need to have a secondary procedure to improve lumps or depressions. Only after knowing the whole story and alternatives and how many treatments and cost, along with the risks, can a patient wisely choose what is best for them.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Lipo vs. Coolsculpting

+1

Thank you for question.

Which procedure is best really depends on the patient.  IF you are OK with having surgery under anesthesia, recovery time, etc.. then liposuction may give you the results you are wanting (more fat removed). IF you would rather not undergo surgery and want NO down time and are willing to be patient (2-4months) to see the results, Coolsculpting would be a great choice.

Speak to your doctor and allow him/her to help you make your decision depending on your goals.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

New Options for Belly Fat - CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is an appealing technology and procedure because it avoids anesthesia and immediate recovery time.   It is best used in patients who have good overall core body contour with the exception of fatty excess of the lower abdomen and love handle area.    Ideally a patient will be satisfied with a single treatment or possibly two, thus making it cost effective as well.   If a patient needs or wants a greater contour change than the anticipated 25% reduction,   then the patient is better off considering liposuction.     The "best" treatment always is the procedure which is going to give the patient her anticipated change.   Consult with a qualified plastic surgeon who has Cool Sculpting and who performs liposuction to fully understand which technique will achieve your desired results.