Slim Lipo vs. Cool Sculpting for Belly Fat and Love Handles?

What is the best treatment to remove belly fat and love handles? Both treatments get about 80% of thumbs up on this website. The photos of smart lipo show better results, ie. more fat removed. It also seems to me that the coolsculpting in the end will be very expensive because you need 3-4 treatments while from the slim lipo only one. What do doctors that offer both treatments recommend? Thank you!

+2
Laser lipo is great in skilled hands — and it is an invasive procedure. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure with the adage that if you can grab it, you can treat it. CoolSculpting has become very popular and has shown great benefit in many.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is a good alternative to invasive fat removal.

+2

I have experience with Smartlipo (similar to SlimLipo) laser fat removal and Coolsculpting.  I believe both procedures are effective but the Coolsculpting has the advantage that side effects are essentially non existent.  The fact that you can have Coolsculpting in an hour and go back to work with nothing more than a little tingling of the skin is amazing.  And it actually works.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting superior to slim lipo

+1
Our practice experience is that coolsculpting is by far the better, more cost efficient, and safer procedure.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting vs Laser Liposuction

+1
Cool Sculpting to me is a very consistent technology with reproducible results.  For liposuction I did not choose laser liposuction as a procedure for any of my patients.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting vs Liposuction

+1

The only way to determine whether or not you could benefit from CoolSculpting or Liposuction is through a consultation.  By visiting a plastic surgery practice that offers both CoolSculpting and liposuction, you may be able to get the best possible answer. CoolSculpting is not a replacement for liposuction, but for people with small, isolated areas of fat, CoolSculpting can be a wonderful treatment with great results and no down time.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Slim Lipo vs. CoolSculpting

+1
Thank you for your question. I believe CoolSculpting is a better option because it is non-invasive and has very little downtime. However, the best treatment also depends on how much fat you want removed. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Smart lipo versus Zeltiq

+1
Smart lipo is amazing since it is non-surgical.  Smart lipo is lipo surgery with a laser. There have been several reports of seromas and other complications. It is a surgical procedure and not everyone is a surgical candidate or wants surgery. ZZeltiq was invented as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. It is great but meant for patients at their ideal weight and only looking minimize fat in a bulge such as the abdomen or flanks or back fat.

Michele S. Green, MD

Slim Lipo vs Cool Sculpting (Zeltiq)

+1

Dear Misses T,

Comparing Zeltiq (Cool Sculpting) to Slim Lipo is not quite accurate:

Slim Lipo is based on a laser targeting the fat cells poorly possibly affecting neighboring tissues inducing side effects.

However, the Zeltiq will freeze the fat cells (cryoplipolysis) without affecting other tissues; the fat in the adipocytes (fat cells) will freeze at a controlled temperature inducing cellular apopotisis (programmed cell death) hence a permanent solution.

Personally, I recommend cool sculpting to my patients because of its commendable results without notable side effects. Offering Zeltiq treatments in my office attracts patients significantly for its great results.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Slim lipo versus Coolsculpting

+1

Slim lipo may produce better results than Coolsculpting, but keep in mind that Slim Lipo is invasive with a great recovery period and more downtime.  Coolsculpting has no downtime with very minimal discomfort and the results can be fantastic!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

SmartLIpo vs. CoolScultping

+1

I have performed a great deal of tumescent liposuction over the years and was very excited when CoolSculpting's technology was developed by Zeltiq.  Not all patients who are candidates for liposuction want to undergo surgery. Not all patients who want to have liposuction are considered candidates for surgery as they may have a medical condition or take medications that would prevent us from doing the liposuction.  Some paitents have a small bulge and it doesn't warrant the risks of the liposcution procedure.

Patients who are interested in CoolSculpting are told by me in the consultation, that liposuction is more effective in removing the fat and that it may only be one surgery, although some patients do need to have a secondary procedure to improve lumps or depressions. Only after knowing the whole story and alternatives and how many treatments and cost, along with the risks, can a patient wisely choose what is best for them.

Ronald Shelton, MD