Is my Tip Swelling Normal? (11 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty-with Extensive Tip Work) (photo)

I am 11 weeks post op rhinoplasty ( had extensive tip work done ) it is still very hard and swollen. Is it normal to be this "bulbous looking" at this stage? Will this improve in time ?

Is my tip swelling normal?

+2

After 11 weeks, you will still be experiencing swelling. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed. The tip is usually the last to come around, and I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Lower Crease on Left Breast, Possibly Bottoming out or Likely to Have a Double Bubble? (photo)

+1

Though still ear;ly in healing phases you should be seeing some results. Best to compare the before photos to recent afters. 

Is my Tip Swelling Normal? (11 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty-with Extensive Tip Work)

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.   A closed rhinoplasty without cartilage grafting will have much less swelling in the tip than an open rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting.                      

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                          Los Angeles, CA

Tip swelling

+1

If you did have extensive tip work, then you will notice the swelling for atleast 6-9months.

It is the unfortunate reality of open rhinoplasty. But it will be well worth it.

Even 1ml of swelling shows due to the thin skin sitting on the new cartilage framework.

Sit tight and it will improve.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Photograph demonstrates more swelling than is customary 11 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

The amount of swelling in the tip is greater than normal. I wonder if you had any tip grafts placed at the time of the operation.