I had my septoplasty, rhinoplasty (columelloplasty & hump removal). Will the shape change? (Photo)

i had my surgeries 28days before. i can breath a little bit less from the left nose where septoplasty was performed is it normal? and also do i have the perfect shape of nose or still it will come into shape by time?

Post Septorhinoplasty questions

+2
Dear Vaibhav, Twenty eight days post surgery is very early in the recovery phase to determine your result. You still have swelling that will take a full year to fully dissipate. I would see your surgeon for a post operative examination and discuss your concerns. He/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase as well as what your proposed surgical plan was. I personally use a digital imaging computer during consultation so my patients and I have an understanding of what the proposed and expected results are. Depending on what you discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery and what your expectations of the aesthetic changes are will be best discussed with your surgeon. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Too soon!

+1
Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a final judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS