Candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant? (Photo)

I am 19 and looking to improve my side profile as well as my front. Can a chin implant do this? Could it add some vertical length to my short square chin and create a better over all facial shape?

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
Yes, you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant. Your nose has a slight dorsal hump and the tip is bulbous. The tip can be refined and the nose made straight. Your chin is asymmetrical and an implant will help smooth out the asymmetry. You will need a small chin implant because your vertical alignment is good. The cost of rhinoplasty and chin implant is approximately $9,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant?

+1
Yes, a rhinoplasty would be beneficial in your case.  However, I would hesitate to recommend a chin implant.  The projection of your chin in relation to your lips and nose is generally good.  There are differing opinions from other experts on this forum.  A visit to your local plastic surgeon may best sort out your options.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1
You are absolutely correct, a chin implant and a rhinoplasty will better balance your face...both your profile and your front view.  The chin would need, most likely, a small implant.  The rhinoplasty would refine your nose.  

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

+1
 Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, and also the custom carved depending upon the needs  of the patient in the pertinent anatomy. The implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted through sub mental approach, under either local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
The rhinoplasty procedure must be performed under general anesthesia. The procedure involves shaving down the dorsal hump, reducing the projection, and narrowing the tip and bridge line.
The combination of a de-projecting the nose and increasing the projection of the chin helps with facial balance.

Profile plasty

+1
Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are often combined to have balance profile.  However in your case only rhinoplasty is needed.  Your chin is fine.

Vasdev Rai, MD

+1
    The combination of the rhinoplasty and chin implant will improve facial balance and address your concerns very well.

Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant

+1
If you choose the right implant, you can get a chin shape that is longer and more narrow to change your facial shape. Your nose is an ideal one to have much better side profile after a rhinoplasty. The combination of the two will make for some very positive facial changes.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Candidate for Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1
Your nose can be improved with a rhinoplasty by an experienced surgeon. Only you can determine if you are a candidate depending on your goals and expectations. An implant will provide minimal increased projection but it will improve the contour of your asymmetrical chin.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant?

+1
If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.

Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon