My nose looks strange and pig like after my cast removal. And I am so worried I'll be stuck like this forever. What to do?

I had my rhinoplasty exactly 5 days ago and got my cast off today. I cried immediately after they removed the cast because the bridge of my nose looks fine but the tip looks extremely upturned and my nostrils look strange to me. I feel so ugly and disfigured now and I'm so scared. Please help me.

+1
    The tip will usually drop, sometimes a great deal, depending upon what was done and the amount of swelling present.

Nose turned up after surgery?

+1

It is not abnormal for the tip to be turned up following rhinoplasty, and the tip will generally drop to its final position within 2 weeks after surgery. This may sometimes take longer depending on the patient. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

You Tip Will Drop

+1

The tip is typically upturned immediately after a rhinoplasty secondary to swelling,  It should slowly come down as the swelling resolves.  I would be patient.  It will improve.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose turned up

+1
It is not uncommon for the nose to appear turned up follosing surgery because of swelling and this changes slowly over time as the swelling resolves. Be patient and don't worry things should be fine. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon