Is my nose still very swollen 1 month after rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi. I've had my nose done a month ago, when the surgeon took the cast off I was so happy with the results my nose looked so different to what it looks like now. Within a few hours it started to swell. Will my nose go back to the shape it was just after I got my cast off? Thank you

Is my nose still very swollen 1 month after rhinoplasty?

+1

You will still have swelling one month after rhinoplasty. In general, swelling is 70% resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery, and the nose will continue to change as you heal. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was a revision, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and the thickness of the patient's skin. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns, as he or she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

Could be but NO posted before photos!!! Very hard to respond if we can not compare.. Please post before photos.//

Rebound swelling after dressing removed

+1

Dear Bobo01

Swelling after the bandage comes off is very common. You can be confident that the swelling you are experiencing now will resolve in the months to come. Wait a minimum of 6 six months and often longer before evaluating the final result.

Best wishes and good luck

Curtis Perry, MD

Agoura Hills, CA

Curtis Perry, MD
Agoura Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It would be unusual to not have some swelling present 1 month after rhinoplasty.  It normally takes 6-12 months for all of the swelling to resolve, so your nose still will change quite a bit over more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon