Could my Droopy Bottom Lip Be Corrected? (photo)

The right side of my bottom lip pulls to the side when I talk or smile. My lip wasn't always this way, I think it happened after I had maxillofacial surgery to correct an underbite. It's really embarrassing, and I'd love to get it fixed. Is there any procedure that could help me?

Droopy unilateral bottom lip

+1

I see this quite often and it usually a result of forceps delivery. If you ask for Botox, have the injector to give a very tiny amount of Botox to your right side as you do not want to have complete paralysis of the Depressor Anguli Oris on the right side as there is usually some movement on the left side.

Show all of us some photos when you have it done

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Botox to correct lower lip asymmetry

+1

The asymmetry in your bottom lip can be improved. I typically see people referred to our office for this issue following surgical procedures performed elsewhere. Botox can be used to weaken the depressor muscle on the droopy (right side). This causes that "drooping" side to depress less creating better symmetry. This treatment needs to be carefully performed so as not to overly weaken the depressor muscle and create the opposite type of asymmetry. Seek a highly experienced injector who has detailed knowledge of the muscular anatomy in this area. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon