Will my Chin Look Better After Rhynoplasty?

I have a droopy nose and a bump, my chin is not super small but its also not huge. If i put my hand under it its about 3 fingers long. After my rhynoplasty will my chin look a little bit larger because of the pointy nose? Or will it look smaller? I dont want it to look smaller.

Chin and Nose Proportions after Rhinoplasty

+1

Harmony between parts of the face is very important when thinking about any surgical changes to the face. In most cases, rhinoplasty makes the nose somewhat smaller and more symmetric.  This can have the effect of making the chin seem a bit bigger, but it is relative to the reduction in the size of the nose. For patients with a very large nose and a much smaller chin, I will often add a chin implant to dramatically improve the facial proportions. Best of luck going forward!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/open-rhinoplasty.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and Chin Proportionality

+1

The nose and chin are seen in proportion to one another.  A larger chin de-emphasizes a nose, whereas, a smaller chin makes the nose seem more projecting.  Three finger breadths is a satisfactory amount of chin, so my guess is that the rhinoplasty will make your chin look more proportional than it was prior to surgery.  At ChangesPlasticSurgery.com we offer Vectra 3-D imaging so that you can see directly how a rhinoplasty will impact the appearance of your chin (and vice versa).

Better Chin after Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your chin will look better if the nose and chin are proportional after the surgery.  I need to see pictures to give you a more specific answer.

Chin Appearance After Rhinoplasty

+1

Without having any photographs it is difficult to say if anything needs to be done to your chin (implant or genioplasty).  Many patients focus on the appearance of their nose and don't realize until after the rhinoplasty that they also have a small chin.  A rhinoplasty will not make your chin look smaller.  

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

Without any pictures it very difficult to say what the result would look like. Sometimes the nose is projected and sometimes notices de-projected,  it all depends upon the pre-existing anatomy. Please see the link below for examples of the combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/chinimplant_photos07.html

Will my Chin Look Better After Rhinoplasty?

+1

If your nose is deprojected, then the chin will look larger or at least less small.  You may want to combine rhinoplasty with a chin implant to give your face the proper balance.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Chin augmentation and rhinoplasty

+1

Balancing the chin with the nose is an important aspect of a rhinoplasty consultation.  Pictures and/or an in-person exam are the best ways to assess this. Also, picture morphing in your surgeon's office is a great adjunct to making this determination.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

Chin appearance following rhinoplasty

+1

O1234

photographs would be ideal to answer your questions. Have your perspective surgeon image you so that you can see the changes a rhinoplasty would give you chin.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.