Are my Breast Implants Too Close Together? (photo)

I am 1 month and a half post op. I went moderate profile, left 470ccs right 410ccs. I feel that my breast implants are too close to eachother and Im worried it's only going to get worse. Im very petite 5'1 so I don't know if the implant size chosen for me is correct!! I need your opinion

Implant position

+2

Hello,  Since this is only 6 weeks after your surgery I would not be to concerned about position at this time.  In about 5 weeks when most of the swelling has resolved and the implants have settled, things should improve and appear more natural.  Good Luck

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Implants too close to each other

+2

Hi, it is still way too soon to get an idea how your implants will settle down eventually, so I recommend you wait a few more months before making any decisions. moderate profile implants are wider than high profile implants with the same volume, but your surgeon should be the one explaining these differences and which is most beneficial to you based on your examination and expectations.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast Implants To Close to1 Another?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Given that you are only 6 weeks out of your breast augmentation procedure, I would suggest continued patience and follow  up with your plastic surgeon. Keep in mind, that it will take several additional months before you psychologically and physically “adapt” to the new body image. At that point, roughly 6 months out of surgery, you will be able to determine whether you are pleased with the breast size and breast implant positioning.

If, at that point, you feel that the breast implants are too large or too close to one another,  revisionary breast surgery may be helpful to improve your situation. This  operation may involve capsulorrhaphy ( to keep the breast implants further from one another) and/or the use of smaller breast implants.

"Uniboob", "Kissing Breasts" - Breasts Implants are TOO Close together

+1

Your implants ARE too close together due to the use of breast implants which were a bit too wide and the creation of wide breast implant pockets to accomodate them.In addition, one implant appears to be slightly higher. 

A few thoughts; An implant should NEVER be chosen for you. A woman must choose her own implants with guidance and education by her Plastic surgeon. This would lower the frequency of such cases. In addition, if Plastic surgeons used more common sense and sensitivity and were less fearful of "loosing" women who are insistent on having huge implants to competitors, LESS "uniboobs" combined with "bottoming out" cases would be produced. Indeed, "You can't always have what you want" and sometimes less MAY be more as all Plastic surgeons know.

The solution may be in replacing these implants with smaller ones and correcting the medial pockets with a biological memberane such  as Strattice.

Peter a aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Implants close

+1

Yes, the implants are pretty close. A narrower implant may have been  better choice, but it is still early and they may change a bit more.

Are my Breast Implants Too Close Together?

+1

The photos does not show to close in midline but your asymmetry is very evident. The right looks larger and riding lower in the crease area. Best to see your surgeon. 

Implants too close together

+1

It is too early to look so closely at your surgery results.  Things will change more as you heal and your breasts "settle".  It does appear that a narrower base diameter implant would fit your chest better, but right now the best thing to do would be to wait and discuss this with your surgeon at your follow up visit.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon