Worried my Implant Has Ruptured After Being Tightly Hugged. Am I Being Paranoid?

Im 5ft 100lbs 6wks postop w Natrelle textured silicone-filled HP260cc implants. 5days ago my 6'9" friend gave me a VERY strong hug where I was lifted off the ground &couldnt breathe. SO paranoid that my right implant ruptured as its noticeably softer since. Began feeling weird sensations there for the past 5days & last night I felt movement as I rolled in bed. Had surgery out of the country & cant visit my PS. Is my right just healing faster than my left/am i being paranoid/how strong are these?

Rupture after a big hug?

+1

You are just being paranoid. I don't believe that the implant ruptured. A more likely possibility is that the pressure stretched the scar tissue capsule, even tearing it just a bit. Years ago this was commonly done on purpose in order to reduce the capsule contracture, and is called a closed capsulotomy. It is no longer done, or if it is, it will void the lifetime warranty of the implant. Earlier style implants had a thinner covering and could be broken by the squeezing.

Implant rupture and a hug?

+1

It is very unlikely that a hug would cause an implant rupture. Implants are very durable and usually require greater force to rupture.

Breast implants survive hugging very well

+1

It is very unlikely that the hug could cause a rupture jof the breast implant, however the frim pressure might have created a tear in the capsule around it. If the breast implant and breast shape look good, and now that the implant is softer, all the better. But you might have a plastic surgeon have a look.

It is unlikely that a hug would rupture an implant, but the area where the implant sits may have been stretched

+1

At 6 weeks you are still healing.  Implants are made of a very touch silicone that can easily withstand a force much much stronger than a hug.  What is more likely is that the space created where the implant sits was stretched/damaged by a strong hug.  You should see your plastic surgeon to ensure the implant has not been displaced

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants will not rupture from a hug

+1
In the absence of blunt trauma, such as an assault or car accident, it is highly unlikely that your implant ruptured. However, there is a cautionary tale here in terms of having surgery performed overseas and now not having a surgeon with whom you can followup.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Silicone Breast Implant Leakage after Hug?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination,  generally speaking it would take very significant trauma to cause damage to the breast implants.  Even a very strong hug should not generate sufficient force.

If you continue to have questions/concerns  direct examination and even MRI study would be necessary to definitively rule out silicone breast implant leakage.