What Can I Do if my Belly Button "Dies" As a Result of TT with Umbilical Hernia Repair?

I am 9 days post-op from a TT, umbilical hernia repair, BA and thigh lipo. I was just told at my follow-up that it looks like my belly button may be dying due to a decrease in the blood supply. I was too stunned to ask questions, but now I have a million. Can anything be done to save the dying umbilicus? What will it look like if it "dies". Is there any kind of revision that can be done after it heals. It looks black and odd shaped now. What should I expect?

Dying belly button from tummy tuck

Sometimes the belly button can die as a result of diminished blood supply. Don't panic, your PS can reconstruct a new one for you. For now, just let this heal and you might be amazed at how good it looks. Another scenario could be the belly button is still viable but has slipped beneath the skin and you just can't see it. This would need a revision as well.