Why is my Areola So Large?

I'm 14 years old, never pregnant, a virgin, had my period for about 2 years, I'm a 36C. Both of my areoles are very large, about 2 1/2 inches wide. I'm very uncomfortable with my areola. Is there a reason they are like this? Is it normal? Is it cancerous? Is there a possible way that they can go to a normal size? I am extremely insecure about this.

Large Areola

+1

A large areola can easily be reduced.   This is an outpatient procedure, and sometimes done in an office setting.   Since you are very young, discuss this with your parents, and see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Large areolas

+1

There are many sizes of normal areolas!  Every woman is unique, and some have very small nipples and/or areolas, and some have very large.   If the size bothers you, there is a procedure to reduce the size of the areola.  If you are still growing, you will want to wait until your breasts are done developing before considering surgery.