Should I take a multi vitamin and vitamin C pre and post tummy tuck?

Supplements for tummy tuck

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice first. I generally recommend patients take a multivitamin. Vitamin C can certainly help as well. 

Vitamins for Tummy Tuck

+1
You should ask your surgeon for his or her specific instructions. In general, a multivitamin and vitamin C preoperatively and postoperatively can not hurt you. A multivitamin usually has the daily requirement for many vitamins. Vitamin C is water soluble so if you take more than you need, you excrete it in your urine. 

I encourage a multivitamin pre and post operatively to aid in good health and maximize wound healing. Some tummy tucks are partially covered by your health insurance carrier however they usually will not cover the vitamins. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Multi vitamin and vitamin C pre and post tummy tuck

+1
You can take your multivitamins after surgery, please ask your surgeon if you need to avoid any vitamin that could avoid your surgery, good luck!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Multivitamin and vit c pre TT

+1
Yes, multivitamins and vit c assist in healing properly. I would not take it on the morning of surgery however, as you will have an empty stomach.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon