Tummy tuck. When can I resume spinning classes?

I had a tummy tuck without muscle repair, I feel great! Was able to stand and walk straight couple of days after surgery, no pain at all. When will I be able to resume my spinning classes?

Resuming exercise

+1
This question is best directed to your plastic surgeon as he/she is most familiar with your procedure.  In general, I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks after tummy tuck surgery.  Best wishes,
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Spin Class after Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank your for your question. I allow my patients to be begin vigorous exercise and activity 4 weeks after surgery, but to avoid or to modify any activities that cause pain or leave one sore afterward. A spin class should be fine but you should check with your surgeon first. We encourage all of our patients to walk daily, even on the day of surgery. 

William McClure, MD

Exercise after a tummy tuck

+1
I usually recommend waiting 6 weeks before starting heavy exercise. You should walk as much as possible though. Check with your plasti surgeon to be certain.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

+1
Although guidelines vary from surgeon to surgeon, I advise my tummy tuck patients not to engage in any exercise for at least 4 weeks after surgery. It might seem excessive to stay quiet for so long but it really is an important aspect to the healing process. It is extremely important to follow your surgeon’s specific instructions. It is also very important that when you have received the go ahead from your doctor to return to regular exercise that you approach the activity as if were the first time. Listen to your body and don’t push yourself too hard too fast. You must be patient and give yourself time to heal as you do not want to compromise the result of your surgery.

Frank Lista, MD

Exercise After #tummytuck

+1
Tummy tuck can take many different forms. It is not commonly done without muscle repair so your rules will likely be different than most. Without muscle repair, the biggest concern is stress on your incision. Though it is unlikely to come apart once healed, the stress applied to a scar is absolutely related to the end appearance of the scar. Your surgeon will certainly want to weigh in on the issue.  He or she has a vested interest in your care and your outcome and a specific knowledge of your case.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon