Can Mottling Of Teeth be Cured Completely? (photo)

Doctor, I have got signs of teeth mottling . please tell me something about it and what to use for curing it and also things that i should stop using Thanking you in anticipation

Enamel Discoloration

+1

Porcelain veneers are the best way to correct to ideal.  Other treatments are a compromise.  Whitening may accentuate white spots present in the teeth, white filling material following removal of the darker stains with micro-abrasion will stain and discolor and need to be replaced every few years.

Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

Enamel hypoplasia

+1

There are not that many effective techniques performed to remove the enamel discoloration. Enamel microdermabrasion can be effective in some cases. If you will decide to go with more progressive approach- probably aesthetic veneers can be a help. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Ways to correct mottled appearance of your teeth

+1

From the photo, it appears that the worst teeth are your two front teeth.  The others appear to me to have white discolorations.  There are a number of ways to deal with this.

The most conservative approach is called enamel microabrasion.  This does not always work.  It depends on how deep below the tooth surface the discoloration goes.  If it is superficial and in the outer few microns of the tooth this can work well.  Basically micro-abrasion removes microns of enamel from the surface and takes the discolorations with it.  It is a painless procedure and leaves the tooth looking very smooth and very good.

If this does not work, the other options involve covering the discolorations either with porcelain veneers, or direct bonded resin veneers which your dentist will sculpt onto your tooth directly.

Find an excellent dentist in your area who is familiar with these techniques and can provide you with the result that you are looking for.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.