More Than 1 Syringe of Juvederm for Undereyes? (photo)

I recently had 2 syringes of Juvederm which was supposed to be placed in the hollows of my eyes. I do not see a huge improvement and actually feel as though he placed the filler too low and makes my hollow eyes look even more hollow. He said I would probably need 2 more syringes in a week, but who can afford so much! I'm really upset and wanted to get opinions. Is it normal to use so many syringes and he placed the filler more on my cheek than my eyes.

More Than 1 Syringe of Juvederm for Undereyes?

+1

Posted photos look the same to me. But only in person examination allows us to determine if you had a result. Best to seek second opinions. 

Tear trough filler

+1

I am not sure what you were trying to achieve?  If you wanted tear trough filling( which did not look evident from your photo) then I usually use one syringe sometimes more. Cheek elevation or filling can be sometimes 2-3 syringes or more.

One syringe usually enough for filler under eyes

+1

It is unusual to need more than one syringe for the under eye hollows (dark circles), as opposed to cheek filling which can require more than one syringe. The filler injection technique and location makes a difference. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

In my opinion, Juvederm is not the right choice for use under the eye

+1

The problem with Juvederm is that it is very hydrophilic (loves water) and this can lead to prolonged swelling in this area.  It can happen immediately or several weeks later.  Restylane is a much better choice for this area.  I don't see much change in the pictures either.  Often, the upper cheek has to be injected at the same time as the tear trough because it too has lost volume and is part of the reason for the loss of volume around the eye.  It seems like 4 syringes in someone as young as you is a bit much as well.  Make sure blunt cannulas are used as well, see video.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Fl.

Steven F. Weiner, MD